Random Rants XXXVI: Can't Sleep, Clown Will Eat Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
My semester results in one word: terrible.

I want to die.

I'd count yourself as fortunate that you still have semesters with defined ends. I've had a terrible month, both in my personal and professional life (or what passes for each), and there is no end in sight.

Well he is only a teenager. He does no know what he wants. People go through such stages in their lives no knowing what they want and when they become adults, they regret some of the choices they made as teenagers.

You may well be right, but given your views on the subject, you're probably not the best person to comment on alternative sexuality, teenage or otherwise.

I thought he had already decided he wasn't gay. Damnit. Rant - I am ill-informed.

I'm a girl, but I am bi ...

My daddy calls me mangoes irl, my name is Mandy and it's kind of a nickname I've had since I was a kid.

Don't go down this road, it will only end badly. Trust one who has been there and back again.

I don't like my forum lives being mixed

... I didn't know of this preference until I had already registered my username.

Yo gaiz stop posting my old avvy all over the place.

Electrician didn't bother showing up today and didn't even have the basic courtesy to phone me and let me know he wasn't coming. Shmuck!

The more astronomers find planets that are "Earthlike -- but with a catch", the more depressing the whole thing gets. This planet is too cold; that planet is too big; that other planet is too far; etc. It's really quite demotivating each time they announce yet another ALLEGEDLY "Earthlike" planet that really isn't Earthlike at all.

Each time they announce a new Earthlike-but-with-a-catch planet, the more I become convinced that we truly ARE all alone. :undecide:

Don't give up hope. They've only discovered a couple hundred extrasolar planets, and there are probably several hundred billion in this galaxy alone. There's probably a few more earthlike planets in the other hundred billion they haven't found yet. ;)

I just read some news about Paypal shutting down a Christmas charity for kids. I'd enjoy beheadings, but I think I can settle for worldwide castigation.

Don't give up hope. They've only discovered a couple hundred extrasolar planets, and there are probably several hundred billion in this galaxy alone. There's probably a few more earthlike planets in the other hundred billion they haven't found yet. ;)
I think that a part of the problem is that "Earthlike" is a term that is used WAY too much. The media seems to be going by a vague definition of what is considered "Earthlike".

The media likes good stories, which is why it jumps at that and any other scientific discovery and tries to blow it out of proportion to at least make the headline sound more exciting. More people will read "Earthlike planet discovered" than "Giant Rocky planet with a little water discovered"

Definitely. Just keep going. If it was easier to give up, the tobacco companies would have less lengthy stays in Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom