Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happiness for one such as myself is only achieved if the world is a pretty good place. While I value things such as personal enjoyment, as long as I am capable of looking at the world how it is, I will forever be unhappy.

Woe is me.

If you feel that you can't make the world a better place, at least make it a better place for the people around you. :)

I hate everyone around me :p

Also, this would be a good idea, if it were a few hundred years in the past. Unfortunately, we now live in a world where everybody and everything (well, close to it) is connected in some shape or form, and thus, is affected. Combine that with every person in power being a greedy (insert expletive) and you have a very bad time.

I wish I could be blind to the world like how some others are. At least then I'd be happy.

Enough about that, though. Rant: My replacement laptop can't run any of the games that I played on my computer. Early 2000s games here I come!

As a sufferer of the same thing, he is not suicidal. Being on the outside of society for so long either drives you mad or you become so aware of how terrible this world is and how much more terrible it is going to get that you become utterly and devastatingly depressed. Anything you had previously wanted to achieve in your life is now a footnote in the back of your mind because you realize that it is pointless and changes nothing.

It really has nothing to do with suicide, being lazy, being overly difficult, blah blah blah. It has to do with seeing things in a rather different perspective than others.
This. Precisely this.

I've even tried explaining my perspective to those around me, but they just roll their eyes at me, call me crazy, scoff at me, or other negative reaction.

You don't become 'aware' of how terrible this world is. You become 'convinced'.

I forgot about the talking toilets in the original Portal and when I went to play the first couple of levels again it startled me.

Rant: No matter how much I can accurately predict the going ons in this world (which is pretty damn accurate), there are always surprises that reveal just a little bit more about how bad things are.

EDIT:

What a waste of glue.

[pissed] [pissed] [pissed] [pissed] [pissed]

WHY DO I KEEP FAILING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AT INTERNETING?!?!?! [pissed]

Screw you, internet. I'm leaving.

Must you leave?

WHY DO I KEEP FAILING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AT INTERNETING?!?!?!

And just last night you were complaining about Amy throwing a wobbly over little things. Do try to retain a sense of scale, at least in public.

And just last night you were complaining about Amy throwing a wobbly over little things. Do try to retain a sense of scale, at least in public.

It's much easier to complain about insignificant things than things that really matter.

Personally I think his little nappy filling session was proof at just how much he fails at 'internetting'.

I dont know what throwing a wobbly means, but all I did was say that "the game" was stupid. Because it is.

on a side note, I'm actually in class posting this as I can't read the board at all. This class has been awful for that, and I try to sit 2nd/third row; it's just very tiny scribble most of the time. I should wear contacts nowadays probably, but even still, like everyone in fourth row and beyond are always on their laptops. The only reason I went to class was to maybe get back our test from last week.

got another hour to kill.

Sitting at a Starbucks for the second time in two days. Who would have thought getting tires changed would be such a hassle?

I'm 30 years old tomorrow! WHY, AGING PROCESS, WHY?! :cry:

Happy birthday for tomorrow, you old fart. Grey hair and an expanding waistline await! :D

Happy birthday for tomorrow, you old fart. Grey hair and an expanding waistline await! :D
There are some benefits! You can get the Early Bird Special, complain about everything, and drive as slow as you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom