Random Raves νγ: Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there is only one way to spell 'schaufuchs.' I just can't remember what that way is if I don't have the word right in front of me.

My favorite team won The Amazing Race. :)

This is the first time in I don't know how many years that my favorites actually won.

I suspect there is only one way to spell 'schaufuchs.'

lmao.

ich schaue doch keinen Fuchs, da ich der Fuchs bin. Und was für ein gar schlauer Fuchs bin ich hä?

gah shamefully rusty German lol

Last edited:
I have zero German. For the context of my quote, you have to look a page back to a post of Tak's that I didn't quote in my own post because I didn't realize I'd be spilling over into a new page. It was regarding the memorability of schlaufuchs relative to Sophie. If I don't have your user name right in front of me, I want to leave out the "l" or add an "s" between the "u" and the "f." All because I have no German, so it's all nonsense syllables (though I did have Google translate it for me in advance of making my post). So Sophie is super easy to remember by comparison.

Yeah I know I’m just giving you horsehocky

NZ pizza.

Cranberry chicken, cream cheese, oregano
IMG_20221206_175643.jpg

Cranberry pizza... I like cranberry juice, and they even have cranberry pop now. I never thought of putting it on pizza. :ack:

There's only one way to spell "schlaufuchs" and only one way to spell "schaufuchs." I think we can agree on that.

You could also write them ‘ſchlaufuchs’ and ‘ſchaufuchs’, y'know.

or ʃlau fʊks

Semester is almost over... :crazyeye:

The new DVD player arrived today. Now I have a 3-6-week wait for the stuff I bought to watch on it.

The new DVD player arrived today. Now I have a 3-6-week wait for the stuff I bought to watch on it.

Don't think I've bought one for 20 odd years.

If I have to use them idk how many consoles I've got that do it. 5 or 6?

Valka is buying a special Region 2 player. Even if she had a games console, no doubt it would be NTSC instead of the required PAL.

lmao.

ich schaue doch keinen Fuchs, da ich der Fuchs bin. Und was für ein gar schlauer Fuchs bin ich hä?

I Google translated it, and it appears you are not rusty at all... you foxy, foxy fox you are:D

Also, I have to admit being a little disappointed... (I don't know if that "disappointed" is the right word... maybe "embarrassed?") but I had been pondering it for a while and I'd settled on the notion that "schlaufuchs" was a clever way of disguising the sounds "schla"-"u"-"fuc"-"hs"... in English, "shall you **** us?" I'd convinced myself that it was simultaneously a commentary on society's treatment of certain marginalized people, both personally and legislatively.

I'm humbled, in the sense that I wasn't as clever as I thought I was, and I think I like your version much better. I learned that I need to expand my familiarity with other languages, so that my viewpoints aren't so anchored in English sounds. So thanks. :)

Last edited:
I had been pondering it for a while and I'd settled on the notion that "schlaufuchs" was a clever way of disguising the sounds "schla"-"u"-"fuc"-"hs"... in English, "shall you **** us?" I'd convinced myself that it was simultaneously a commentary on society's treatment of certain marginalized people, both personally and legislatively.

I'm humbled, in the sense that I wasn't as clever as I thought I was, and I think I like your version much better. I learned that I need to expand my familiarity with other languages, so that my viewpoints aren't so anchored in English sounds.
I had been thinking something along those lines. Bare minimum, with a poster known to be well versed in languages, I should have gone to Google translate earlier than I did.

Valka is buying a special Region 2 player. Even if she had a games console, no doubt it would be NTSC instead of the required PAL.
Actually, it's a multi-region one that should be able to play media from North America, Europe, and Australia (the latter would be handy if I can ever find a reasonably-priced copy of Bangkok Hilton).

Just checked the price of Tenko (3-season series about a group of British and Dutch women POWs in WWII). Over $200. Honestly, why don't they make this stuff affordable?

No, I don't have a games console. All my videogames are on a computer.

lmao.

Uh.... ich bin ein berliner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom