Random Raves νγ: Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most pizza places around here that I've visited had cream base as an option, so I thought it's not uncommon.

So I guess, question for all CFC pizza enthusiasts: is it uncommon outside my little country?
Sounds similar to a tarte flambee

Oh, if that's the metric, it's nice when way more people than that sample die.

I’ve been browsing as of late finding any former anti-SJW communities on Reddit (A small rant, many of them look inactive). It does give me some hope that I’m not alone in my struggles.

Why is it a rant that they're inactive? I feel like moving on from hate and spite would be a good thing. Oh wait former, right, I got mixed up, sorry.

Last edited:
Anyone off reddit is probably always good. Talk about about a figurative ****hole. Well, if it's the internet, the "front page of it" might as well be representative.

Anyone off reddit is probably always good. Talk about about a figurative ****hole. Well, if it's the internet, the "front page of it" might as well be representative.

pretty fudged up thing to say in response to a rave someone made expressing solace in finding support communities on reddit.

They might get better when they're off of there. <Gen posted this in the raves thread that they're gone>

But ok. I'll take it like my foray into discord, where it's all just magically hate?

Last edited:
Had two job interviews this week that (I think!) went well. Neither are perfect, but I'm unlikely to find a job doing exactly what I want to unless I move to Chicago. Neither have any obvious red flags.
One is working as internal auditor for a small bank. Pay is lower and the small size means promotion is unlikely, but it could expose me to a lot of areas and develop great contacts.
The other is working as a regulatory affairs officer* at a big financial company. Pay and growth is higher, and working in a big firm unlocks a lot of opportunities (and this place may pay to let me get FINRA Series Licenses, which would be ace) but it would definitely be a more stressful position and the office space is less ideal (open concept vs cubes in the other place).

*When a regulator wants to get information, we get that request, research the response, acquire documents, and respond.

Had two job interviews this week that (I think!) went well. Neither are perfect, but I'm unlikely to find a job doing exactly what I want to unless I move to Chicago. Neither have any obvious red flags.
One is working as internal auditor for a small bank. Pay is lower and the small size means promotion is unlikely, but it could expose me to a lot of areas and develop great contacts.
The other is working as a regulatory affairs officer* at a big financial company. Pay and growth is higher, and working in a big firm unlocks a lot of opportunities (and this place may pay to let me get FINRA Series Licenses, which would be ace) but it would definitely be a more stressful position and the office space is less ideal (open concept vs cubes in the other place).

*When a regulator wants to get information, we get that request, research the response, acquire documents, and respond.
I found working for a larger company teaches you more businesslike skills.
Working in a smaller company develops your personal skills more. I think working as an auditor will do that too.
Both sound pretty good.
What do you want to learn or grow in?
What gets you closer to your ultimate goal?

Learn or grow? Honestly, either would be good. The internal auditor position gets me formal auditor banking regulation experience, which is a path I'd be fine going down. Not quite as interested in it but it is much less specialized/more in demand than the other one. It is also a small company, which as I experienced at my old job really hindered long-term growth - you hit a wall in promotions and your manager knows they can do less and give you more but no 'promotion' salary. (Indeed, even before I was forced to leave I was looking for other jobs because the pay was pretty crap for my experience/performance.)
The regulatory affairs officer would probably a bit less enjoyable, but there is the potential to get FINRA licenses and big-company growth potential.

As far as my ultimate goal, tbh I don't really have one. But for the salary issue, I would have been happy doing my old job for years to come. My biggest thing is I don't want to get into project management. I had to do some of this at my old job and I was okay at it, but I didn't enjoy it. (And it was project management that led to me getting fired, as a coworker who had royally screwed up a project rather than admit he sort of messed up went to corporate HR, telling them I was causing him stress and making him feel unwelcome.) Regulatory affairs officer probably is a bit closer toward where I would like to be, but as I only just had the interviews and no offers, no point in putting the cart before the horse!

28°C (82.4°F)
50%(?) humidity
9.1 km
10(?) year old running shoes
59 minutes

And I aten't dead. Yaaaaaayyyyyy... :sleep:

Last edited:
Great!

Related to the above, the orange, kumquat and lemon trees of the neighbourhood are beginning to bear fruit, so some varieties of fruit not available commercially are literally for the picking. :rockon:

I wish we could grow fruit trees up here too. But it's mostly too cold (for now). But luckily berries and stuff can thrive.

It's free fruit! Make your own pastries, jams, preserves, marmalades, whatever. All you have to do is pick it up.
Alas, in this era of laziness, the homeowners along the street usually don't give a crap and so they just let the fruit drop and then it gets run over by cars. :(

Still, there's more that I can salvage than what I can handle.

The owner of the company I work for just went around the offices furtively delivering baklava like some kind of drug-dealer. :lol:

Maybe it's ‘happy’ baklava?

In any case, and hoping that it's not: baklava!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom