Random Raves νγ: Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking PTO today as I have plenty of PTO to burn through, and I'm getting near my max carryover. (I have like two months worth built up.) I took it off so I could work on prepping stuff for a dinner party a friend and I are throwing tonight.
It worked out really well because it got me out of a terrible work meeting!
Spent the morning so far sleeping in a bit, making a fried egg and bacon sandwich, and reading The One Ring RPG book that arrived a few days ago. Pretty good day so far!

Egg & chorizo empanada and some fried plantain for breakfast. :yumyum: I noticed the sign said "sweet plantain." Is there savory plantain? I think I've only ever had sweet. Maybe it depends how ripe it is, or how you cook it.

OK, 1) where did you get it and B') how is this egg and chorizo empanada thing? It sounds like the type of culinary experiment I should engage in.

OK, 1) where did you get it and B') how is this egg and chorizo empanada thing? It sounds like the type of culinary experiment I should engage in.

Is this uniquely North American? Egg and chorizo fillings are very common here. I don't think I've seen it in specifically an empanada, but definitely in burritos and wraps and such.

Egg & chorizo empanada and some fried plantain for breakfast. :yumyum: I noticed the sign said "sweet plantain." Is there savory plantain? I think I've only ever had sweet. Maybe it depends how ripe it is, or how you cook it.

It's my understanding that plantains are significantly less sweet than bananas. So I guess sweet plantains would be a middle between?

Egg and sausage burritos are very common in NM but we add potatoes, chile, and cheese too.

Egg, potato, sausages, cheese and peppers is one thing. The combination of exclusively egg and chorizo is what surprises me.

A supermarket that serves some prepared foods. I do encourage anyone to give it a whirl, if they get the chance, but I'm generally in favor of trying new things.

It's my understanding that plantains are significantly less sweet than bananas. So I guess sweet plantains would be a middle between?
Yeah, I'm not sure you'd want to just snack on a plantain the way you might with a Cavendish banana.

Egg and sausage burritos are very common in NM but we add potatoes, chile, and cheese too.
I find breakfast burritos are usually better without potatoes. Chili sounds good, though.

I doubt this is really a thing :)
Can't be sure, though, since I never was much into pizza.

You could be right.

However there is a large Greek community in the area of the US where I live. A lot of the pizza places here are owned by Greek people and they use a unique way of cooking pizza that is quite different from Italian pizza.

If you ever visit the north east of the US be sure to find a pizza shop owned by Greeks because the pizza is excellent!

A supermarket that serves some prepared foods. I do encourage anyone to give it a whirl, if they get the chance, but I'm generally in favor of trying new things.
Given that chorizo is quite a generic word for sausage then I suppose that experimentation shall be needed.

Got a job interview :bounce:.

And another one :bounce:.

It's about time. I'd like to start my next one in 3 months, and started applying more than 2 months ago. Let's see when the next one comes :D.

Yeah, that was just a typo. I knew what you meant. Chili in a burrito would be awful messy. Could be worth trying, anyway, I s'pose. :lol:

Given that chorizo is quite a generic word for sausage then I suppose that experimentation shall be needed.
I'm generally in favor of experimentation. I do find that anything called "chorizo" around here falls into the same ballpark in terms of flavor, but I'm in no position to judge its authenticity. I've never been further South in the Americas than Philadelphia. (Well, I've been to the airports in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, but if you've only been to a city's airport, you haven't really been to that city. Airports are like weird little pocket dimensions, outside of space and time.)

Chili in a burrito would be awful messy. Could be worth trying, anyway, I s'pose.
This is how my family habitually eats my chili sin carne* :lol:

And yes, it can get messy, but that's half the fun!

*Heresy repeated, and this time in Spanish, in blatant defiance of the Will Of @Takhisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom