Random Raves 00110000: "Sunshine, sunshine is fine..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Satan hat?

Added one finally, but I couldn't get it rotated 10 5 degrees counter-clockwise like I wanted.
Guess I need to learn about layers or somesuch.

**Edit**
Ah, there it is.
I was rotating the view, not using the rotating tool.
Fixed!

Last edited:
Zkribbler said:
To maintain my retirement visa, I am required to keep $20,000 deposited in a local bank. I was speaking to CavLancer, and he opined that in comparing retirement costs, it appeared to him only a $10,000 deposit is necessary. I checked with the visa website and, sure enough, it too says $10,000. :)

This is Saturday. :sleep: Tuesday, I'll head into Tag and check with the bank that holds the deposit.--I may have access to an additional $10,000 this holiday season.. :snowcool:

May I please send you my Christmas list?

Zkribbler said:
:shifty: I'm still expecting some atrocity from my bank.

MaryKB said: Well if it all turns out okay please let me know ... you should have enough to put a nice downpayment on my gifts

Although expecting an atrocity from the home office of my visa account, I had foolishly overlooked the roll of the retirement agency in charge of the retirement accounts...this is the agency which didn't inform that the minimum deposit requirement had been reduced by 50%.

I need the agency's okay to do anything with my account. I was in Tag today learning all the hoops I 'll have to jump through. Best case scenario is that I MIGHT be able to get the excess $10,000 in 2-3 weeks. Maybe. This will be too late to buy MaryKB any expensive Christmas presents. :cry: So instead I am giving her the gift of self reliance. :yup:

*cough* Credit *cough*

Basically if you know you're going to get it, just charge my gift(s) and pay it off as soon as you get your money :)

I know what Mary would really, really like to get for Christmas but only Mr.KB * is "authorized" to give her ;)

*(or maybe Snerk too :mischief:)

Now THAT is an interesting place to apply a Santa hat. Or, so I've heard.

I think it is but I have no idea what for.

Let's rein in the entendres, please.

What might have been a rant is now a rave. Our touchless faucet from Moen started acting weird. So I diagnosed the problem to a faulty control electronics board. The faucet is almost 6 years old. I was going to order one and install it but figured I'd call Moen and ask them about it first. The customer service rep was really pleasant and said, that's such an old one, let me send you a complete new one. (which runs for over 300 bucks)
The electronics on the new one are much better than on the old one (based on research on-line)
RAVE.

What might have been a rant is now a rave. Our touchless faucet from Moen started acting weird. So I diagnosed the problem to a faulty control electronics board. The faucet is almost 6 years old. I was going to order one and install it but figured I'd call Moen and ask them about it first. The customer service rep was really pleasant and said, that's such an old one, let me send you a complete new one. (which runs for over 300 bucks)
The electronics on the new one are much better than on the old one (based on research on-line)
RAVE.

I think I will go rant about this, and juxtapose it with your thread about senior discounts. Poor people call and say "you sold me a cheap ass faucet that needs an expensive new cartridge every time I turn around twice" and are told "tough luck, suck it." Guy who can afford an expensive replacement for his trophy faucet calls, they just give him a new one.

Feel free, I see your point. I was willing to order the electronic board and install it myself. Instead I'll be installing a new faucet. No reason to pay someone to do it for me. I wasn't going to buy a new one. I do think many less exclusive merchants also offer excellent customer service and would have offered to replace it. I refuse to believe that I'm that persuasive. I have had this happen many times.

Feel free, I see your point. I was willing to order the electronic board and install it myself. Instead I'll be installing a new faucet. No reason to pay someone to do it for me. I wasn't going to buy a new one. I do think many less exclusive merchants also offer excellent customer service and would have offered to replace it. I refuse to believe that I'm that persuasive. I have had this happen many times.

It wasn't that you were particularly persuasive, it was just because you were calling about their high end product so you get red carpet treatment automatically. That's the problem. The people who need taken care of the least just automatically get it the most.

I have gotten the same service on bargain bin crap. I'll admit that having run a Customer service call center, I know a few tricks.
And I'll concede that high end products usually score better in Cus Sat. But it's not exclusive.

Just ordered the deluxe model for my wife today for Christmas. Which is kind of cheesy since I do 95% of the vacuuming.
Self cleaning and zone programmable with wifi.

All I want for Christmas is Criterion Collection box sets. I love movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom