Random Raves 00110000: "Sunshine, sunshine is fine..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, when I die I wish to upload myself to CFC and spend the rest of eternity trolling the good people of the CFC mod staff.

That doesn't seem like a bad way to spend an afterlife.

I feel men would do better if you try to be charming instead of trying to "pick up." Instead of having a goal of a date in mind, have your objective rather be to make her feel good about herself, with no expectation.

You can tell when a guy just wants to get into your pants, and not only is it a huge turnoff, but it can even feel quite scary. However, being on the receiving end of a gentleman's charms feels absolutely incredible.

It happened to me in the second year of uni, that I was just friends with two girls who ended up asking me out for whom I did not feel the same.

One of them thought I was being friendly to her because I wanted something from her! It was almost certainly cultural, her being from rural China. We met in the summer, volunteering for the swimming world championships. She was gonna go to the same campus as me, and so I helped her as much as I could with the language and the courses, as far as I could understand them myself. Lovely girl, I should have given her a chance, I felt so bad. It felt really surreal, like I was inside a movie. We had a long talk where she kept insinuating that she loved me and I chose to feign ignorance, pretend that she was talking at face value and encouraging her, until she spoke me directly and I had to tell her I didn't feel like that. She literally asked me to "give me[her] a chance to love you[me]." I didn't. We were at my home, and it kinda broke my heart too, to close the door in front of her puzzled, pleading face. I believe it was cloudy, and it might have rained that night. You don't forget that kind of stuff.

The other girl I broke her heart by accident. She asked me to go to the movies on like Boxing Day or maybe the 27th. On Christmas Day, there was a talk in a WhattsApp convo we had in common where we started talking about dreams. I described my worst and best dream ever, where I am saved from ostracism by the mere presence on this guy whom I had been in love with, whom I kissed at the end of the dream. She immediately left the group and called for a time off. Me myself, I had needed a time off just a month prior since the guy from the dream finally had the galls to explicitly reject me after deflecting for four months. Of course I knew he was gonna say no, but I needed to hear it and it was awful. It's even more awful to break someone's heart on Christmas Day.

I'm so sorry Johanna, but thank you for sharing - I especially love how you wrote your first story.

Last March, I met this guy who I had no romantic interest in, but he really seemed like he needed a friend, and we had some common interests. He quickly turned me off further because of his personality, but he was helping me with a few things for about a month or so, and then he tried to subtly proposition me (he wanted to go straight to a physical relationship) I tried my best to try to cut off where I saw he was going as gently as I could (I tried to pretend I was clueless, but talking in general about things I'm not interested in doing with anyone), but when he realized he wasn't going to get anywhere with me, he became very angry and started calling me names. One thing he said, which I haven't forgotten, is that "men will only be nice to women when they are expecting something," and I never heard from him again.

@Snerk you're not going to have an afterlife ... I intend to trap your soul and make it my eternal plaything.

Went to pickup some take-out food last night and a younger woman hit on me. Since it's been a few decades since that happened, either I've forgotten how to recognize a hit or the woman had just escaped the nut house. But i'll take whatever compliments I can at my age.

If you weren't wearing a ring and she's in her late 40s, she likely was trying to hit on you, I wouldn't at all be surprised (if you'd said 20s I wouldn't have believed it) You're not looking for dates, so you'll create a more relaxed air like you said ... but she doesn't know you're married. And your career status likely helps with your maturity and confidence levels.
Half your age + 7 and you are OK. :)

half +7 =39. Hmmmm. But since I'm married, it's definitely wouldn't be OK. :lol:

Will you join us in the CFC afterlife, Arak? It'll be weird if you're not there.

Well, I wasn't planning to pass on any time soon, but I suppose that a bunch of unruly data-ghost would need someone to keep them in order!

half +7 =39. Hmmmm. But since I'm married, it's definitely wouldn't be OK. :lol:

So, at least Kyriakos and I are old enough for you to date, eh Rah? :p

I'm so sorry Johanna, but thank you for sharing - I especially love how you wrote your first story.

Last March, I met this guy who I had no romantic interest in, but he really seemed like he needed a friend, and we had some common interests. He quickly turned me off further because of his personality, but he was helping me with a few things for about a month or so, and then he tried to subtly proposition me (he wanted to go straight to a physical relationship) I tried my best to try to cut off where I saw he was going as gently as I could (I tried to pretend I was clueless, but talking in general about things I'm not interested in doing with anyone), but when he realized he wasn't going to get anywhere with me, he became very angry and started calling me names. One thing he said, which I haven't forgotten, is that "men will only be nice to women when they are expecting something," and I never heard from him again.

@Snerk you're not going to have an afterlife ... I intend to trap your soul and make it my eternal plaything.

You don't have to be sorry, it happened almost six years ago. I'm a lot more worried about a girl friend whom I ended up getting drunk and making out with like half a year ago. We were classmates in a summer workshop of cinematography, and ended up going to the movies a lot just the two of us because none of the others could make it. Since that night, we really haven't anymore.

Last edited:
Are you taking notes?

It's what makes mafia games interesting.

Are you going to play them against each other?

Oh no, players play against each other by themselves. I'm just noting down some stuff to make write-ups more fun.

I was way too candid about some things I said last night, so they're no longer there.

I’m liking the CFC afterlife.

Yeah, exactly.

So there's a band. And I've heard one of their songs...two times. Last night, I heard another of their songs on the radio, and was immediately able to recognize the band, despite the songs...not really sounding that alike?

I don't know how my brain works sometimes. But it's kind of cool, so I posted it in Raves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom