Random Raves 110010: Vast Hordes of Toilet Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 50 years ago today....lots of things have happened since....that my wife and I were married. :D

My framed print of John Atkinson Grimshaw's "In Autumn's Golden Glow" arrived. Also, not only did my clothing order arrive, both pairs of pants and both shirts fit nicely.

Spoiler :

This was my favorite book when I was about 5:
View attachment 557900
I preferred extremely violent books when I was 5.
fbr.jpg

My favourite book when I was 5 was this:

They'd taught us the alphabet, and I spent the whole summer learning to read, letter by letter, word by word, finally read good. I was a total arthole in the first few years of school when we were made to read aloud and everyone else was so bloody slow. It got on my nerves.

It was 50 years ago today....lots of things have happened since....that my wife and I were married. :D
A celebration is in order then. Congratulations!!!

Today I booked my first tee time since I retired. Next wednesday YAHOOOOOOO

Rant: I was left on hold long enough that my phone minutes ran out.

Rave: I got more phone minutes (it was an important call that could not be put off). This time they didn't put me on hold.

I was listening to Marc Maron's interview with G.E. Smith. Smith was hugely inspired by the "British Invasion" bands from around 1964-65. The Kinks in particular. He's played with a huge number of people over his career, and he said that whenever he's played with any of the older British guys who were there in the mid-'60s he always asks them who the best live band was back in the day.

And he said they all had exactly the same answer:

Spoiler :

Wasn't the Who the loudest band on Earth for a while there in the 60's?

Douglas Adams riffed on that in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, IIRC.

Douglas Adams riffed on that in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, IIRC.
Yes, Disaster Area, the loudest band in the Galaxy, who play their instruments by remote control, from a ship orbiting the planet (or sometimes a different planet), whose speaker-stacks are the size of office blocks, and whose shows cause earthquakes, tidal waves, and all those other things that environmentalists usually bang on about :rockon:

Their shows often end with a ship crashing into the local sun. Marvin parks lead band-member Hotblack Desiato's ship at/in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe -- and then Zaphod later steals it because it looks cool, not realising that it's also piloted by remote control...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom