Random Raves #38: Raving Ravephats

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you follow us…

Thread title is not quite as bad as Takhisis's thread titles. 2/10, still would not recommend.

I fully support Tolni. He's doing everything I'd do, even down to annoying people with his choice of a thread title.

I haven't had lemon poppyseed muffins in like three years and forgot how fantastic they are.

Just booked a 3 star hotel in middtown Manhattan close to Penn station and Broadway for $113 USD a night :woohoo: (plus taxes)

Did a lot of searching over the last couple days and settled on that, it's close to Penn station, easy to get to from JFK, easy to get to Newark from, easy to get to Red Bull Arena from, and easy to get to everything else I want to see. Plus a bunch of stuff is within walking distance I think, I'll even have an excuse to walk through Time Square, I think it's pretty much right there. Awesome looking hotel, great reviews, free breakfast, free wifi, right by a subway stop, great price.

I think I did good. Now to do laundy and start getting ready for Saturday's flight

update: forgot to do laundry, booked BOOK OF MORMON AT 2PM ON SATURDAY, 4 HOURS AFTER I LAND, 20 min walk to the theatre on Broadway from my hotel. Not cheap but I think I found a good deal.

This trip is going to kick butt

A button fell off my jacked at some point. (f**k you, button) So just now I went through some old loot and found a similar black button. Then I proceeded to sew said button onto said jacket. Result: flawless. (except that one button is now marginally different from the rest).

I'm so talented.

When that happens, I just shrug and say "Oh well, I already look like a homeless person, anyway.."

Well it's a fairly new jacked so tossing it in the bin was out of the question. And walking around with one button missing would seriously cramp my style. So there was only one thing for it. I'm not a wizard with thread and needle but button attachment is certainly within the limits of my sowmanship.

jackeT.

Anyway, this recently happened to me with some trousers instead. First button I've ever sewn, and I'd say it looks quite fine, too!

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad!

You're right.

But I can be your imaginary Dad if you like.

Here's some imaginary pocket money for you, son.

Spoiler :

Don't spend it all at once, though. I'm not made of imaginary money, you know. And imaginary pound coins don't grow on imaginary trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom