Random Raves #38: Raving Ravephats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interests and careers don't need to be the same thing. I'm as interested in history as you are, and planned to be a history teacher or professor when I was your age :old:, but decided that the road to becoming a history professor is too long, difficult, and fiercely competitive, and I don't want to deal with most high school students that much (present company excluded).

And I'm also really interested in languages and world travel, so I figured some career in translation or interpretation would suit me better. Of course, I haven't gotten said career yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

But it's possible that a career in something you love could ruin your interest in it (or not), and it's definitely possible to keep reading and talking about history even if it's not your career.

The same way all of us do: By playing Civilization 5 hours every day.

Speak for yourself: I play Paradox games instead. :)

The correct answer is: complain about how unhistorical Paradox and Civilization games are while playing them 5 hours every day.

Rave: I haven't been in much contact with my old host family from Germany in years, but recently my youngest host brother got Mount & Blade: Warband again, which I'd introduced to him and his brother, and wanted to play with me. We Skyped and played a while, and I got to both see the rest of my old host family and have a conversation entirely in German again.

The correct answer is: complain about how unhistorical Paradox and Civilization games are while playing them 5 hours every day.

And to fix the unhistoricalness, you mod them heavily to make it as historically accurate as you want!

Just got a brand new, quality NCAA hoodie for $3. Nice. And a super soft lightweight Jurassic Park t-shirt for 5.

Also got a bunch of other shopping done today that I needed to do.

I quit my job and finally got to make another YouTube video after 2 weeks of no uploads!

Not that I mess that up: You got the other job, right?
(else that'd be a weird rave)

Had a great day :bounce:. Was at the big art museum in Rotterdam, saw quite some old masters. Including the famous (especially here) tower of Babylon picture :D, didn't know it was in this museum.
Afterwards was at the MonsterJam and saw Monstertrucks crashing cars (and also themself). I didn't know that these trucks could make backflips (intentional, not by accident)!
And the party here was also nice, talked to quite a lot of my acquaintances.
Tomorrow will be awesome too, because I'll be at the bouncy castle festival in Amsterdam :D :bounce:. With the worlds biggest bouncy...uh...mattress (?), for 200 people :D. Totally looking forward to this :).

Bouncy castle festival? I… I never thought there could be such a thing. It's a rave to know they exist!

We encourage you to make videos and in return you encourage us to watch them?

Had a great day :bounce:. Was at the big art museum in Rotterdam, saw quite some old masters. Including the famous (especially here) tower of Babylon picture :D, didn't know it was in this museum.

*Tower of Babel. I think there's more than one. I saw one of them in Vienna, for instance.

Request: do a video where you talk about CFC posters.

Would watch.

Like a lighthearted roast type video? I might be able to do that. It will take some preparation though since I'd actually have to write a script and do more editing than I normally do for my LP videos.

lol yeah that would be pretty great. And if you need a game for a backdrop for the vid, just go with Civ naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom