Random Raves Fifty-one: Anticipation of Joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very intrigued.

I'm a very restless sleeper. I toss and turn all night, and as I fall asleep I obsessively fidget (specifically, I shake my feet back and forth rapidly). I don't move at all with the weighted blanket. It quells all those physically restless expressions and let's my body relax. Did not know sleep could be like that

I just sleep with my cat. One cat is the equivalent of a blanket for me. Depending on how cold it is, just keep adding cats. When you have four, that equals a heavy quilt.

Rave: Someone finally started this thread after the last one went well past 1000 posts
Well we had a situation with two serial threads going past 1000 :mischief:.

I'm a very restless sleeper. I toss and turn all night, and as I fall asleep I obsessively fidget (specifically, I shake my feet back and forth rapidly). I don't move at all with the weighted blanket. It quells all those physically restless expressions and let's my body relax. Did not know sleep could be like that
I find, similar to Valka's cats but horribly different, that if I am sleeping solo, it's easier to fall asleep with the weight of my laptop on my chest.

However, I am also someone able to sleep sheetless on a hot night.

Still, I suspect it might just do the trick.

I just sleep with my cat. One cat is the equivalent of a blanket for me. Depending on how cold it is, just keep adding cats. When you have four, that equals a heavy quilt.
My cat just wants to hog the blankets and snuggle me off the bed.

I was grateful for Maddy last night. We had a huge storm yesterday, which cooled everything off considerably. Add that to the multiple fans running here to dry out the carpet from the flood courtesy of the upstairs neighbors, and it was a chilly night. A cat's normal body temperature is 103F, so having a cat sleep on you is like having an extra blanket.

Today I learned the way to make iced coffee taste good is to get extra cream in it. Before, I'd just get it normal and then sadly wonder why someone would want the bitterness of coffee but cold.

Have you considered adding sugar?
Or, maybe, drinking coffee as made in the Middle East, as is right and proper?

OK, so not ‘right and proper’ then.

It has sugar, in the form of vanilla syrup.
My grandfather had a weird way of drinking coffee. He'd put cream in it, pour it into the saucer, put a sugar cube between his teeth, and drink the coffee from the saucer.

All the while when he was doing this, he'd insist that the only good coffee there was had to be "strong enough that you can stand a spoon up in it."

I can't even stand the smell of coffee, so feel free to have my share of the world's supply.

That sounds counterproductive. The stronger the coffee, the more cream and sugar you'd need...

That sounds counterproductive. The stronger the coffee, the more cream and sugar you'd need...
[Insert obligatory clip from Airplane]

Rave: When walking to the bus this morning for work I saw a fox just chilling on the side of the road, next to a copse of trees. Looked like he was watching the cars go by.

My grandfather had a weird way of drinking coffee. He'd put cream in it, pour it into the saucer, put a sugar cube between his teeth, and drink the coffee from the saucer.

All the while when he was doing this, he'd insist that the only good coffee there was had to be "strong enough that you can stand a spoon up in it."
That's how you did it in Sweden (and Norway) when coffee arrived in the 18th century. Some apparently still do it today although I've never seen it IRL.

So I ranted about my previous phone breaking but my new phone is actually pretty dang cool, particularly for a $240 piece of hardware (basically cheapest/2nd cheapest of all options available)

Date night tomorrow night. I'm so excited. We're going to go out for dinner. I made reservations at a nice place, then maybe some dancing at her place (or mine).

And of course, some smooching. :love:

Date night tomorrow night. I'm so excited. We're going to go out for dinner. I made reservations at a nice place, then maybe some dancing at her place (or mine).

And of course, some smooching. :love:
What is she like?

I drink coffee strong and black myself

drinking coffee as if it were absinthe :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom