Random Raves Fifty-one: Anticipation of Joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local restaurant classed up the joint renovations during lockdown.

IMG_20201122_105041.jpg

Plants hanging off the roof near the bar.

They've added big comfy chairs and provided reading material.

IMG_20201122_105100.jpg

Council bylaws 1955. Riveting stuff!!!

Food was great though. Cake cabinet.

IMG_20201122_102226.jpg

Pretty damn good.

Attachments

• IMG_20201122_105041.jpg
    IMG_20201122_105041.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
Went to pick up some Indian takeout, and started talking with the owner. He said he was trying out a bunch of new recipes and I said I would be sure to try them the next time I was there. He then said that if I would be happy to wait ten minutes, he would send me home with one of the new dishes he was trying.
End result, I got two dinners for the price of one.

We need some new storage furniture for the 'lil bastard and were going to make some big purchases once we've completely moved over to the new apartment. We're in the process of that move right now and we took a break last night to get drive-through dinner. When we walked through the garage to our car, I audibly gasped because someone threw out a huge chest of drawers that they don't want any more which is exactly what we needed!

It's a bit banged up but we can always replace it on our own time/dime later on - for the moment it saves us a couple hundred dollars and the headache of shopping for it. :)

Last edited:
We need some new storage furniture for the 'lil bastard and were going to make some big purchases once we've completely moved over to the new apartment. We're in the process of that move right now and we took a break last night to get drive-through dinner. When we walked through the garage to our car, I audibly gasped because someone threw out a huge chest of drawers that they don't want any more which is exactly what we needed!

It's a bit banged up but we can always replace it on our own time/dime later on - for the moment it saves us a couple hundred dollars and the headache of shopping for it. :)
Piece of advice - you aren't going to replace it. I am *still* using the $40 dresser from Target I got once I moved out of the crib; and until she moved across the country my sister was using her post-crib dresser.

*looks around room* I can confirm the permanence of furniture after decades.

Rave: music. A mixture of various Glorias (Laura Branigan's, Estefan inter alia) can get somebody's spirits up.

Getting really close to meeting my son and I am growing more excited by the day! :D

I can't find any baby emojis on this forum. :(

There, there. Look at this one. He's funny isn't he.
baby.png

Getting really close to meeting my son and I am growing more excited by the day! :D

:cry:

You'll be hearing and seeing plenty of that soon.

I can confirm that this is a normal reaction to the smell and sight of dirty diapers (which is why I made a babysitting policy to not look after any kid who wasn't housebroken): :ack:

You'll need to babyproof your electronics, or this will happen: :badcomp:

There are baby-themed smileys somewhere. I know I have one in my Photobucket account. It's just that since the demise of InvisionFree forums, the older smileys are damn near impossible to find online unless you know which sites might still be around.

This is the only one you need: :love:

They'll provide you with the Official Dad's Joke Book when you take your son home from the hospital.
But before then, here's a reverse Dad's joke with a twist.

Dad: Do you want to eat some spaghetti with Daddy?
2yo Son: No! You eat spaghetti with a fork!

The twist? It recently sent computational linguists into a bit of a spin when they realised that
the short exchange contains, in a nutshell, a nightmarish difficulty for all programming approaches
to natural language processing.
That'll give you something to contemplate when you're tossing Daddy's little satellite into the air.

One of the supermarket's employees has a serious Mileena vibe with her mask.
Hopefully she doesn't have a Mileena mouth behind the mask.

She seems to like me ( :dunno: ), going by a number of superfluous thank yous.

I had a phone call today from the outreach worker at the seniors centre (they also provide services for younger adults who are disabled, though having passed the age of 55, I do qualify as a younger senior according to some businesses and agencies)... they offered to bring over a Christmas dinner next month - turkey, dressing, etc. that all I need to do is heat up (it arrives cooked but frozen).

So I said yes.

1. We are refinancing our mortgage and will save almost $200 per month.
2. I deleted my reddit account and blocked it on my phone. My last non-professional social media account gone...now all that's left are my accounts on this forum and one other hobby forum. Reddit was far too addicting for the colossally negative waste of time it is.

1. We are refinancing our mortgage and will save almost $200 per month.
2. I deleted my reddit account and blocked it on my phone. My last non-professional social media account gone...now all that's left are my accounts on this forum and one other hobby forum. Reddit was far too addicting for the colossally negative waste of time it is.
For you now: more money, more time, less social media stress! :thumbsup:

It's kind of crazy how much time you can sink into refreshing Reddit on your phone. For me, it was like every spare second I had where I wasn't actively doing something became a moment where I was scrolling through Reddit. Around the time of the George Floyd protests, it got to be too much stress to watch. I opened it up very early one morning and started my day with an image of that old man protestor getting his skull cracked open by cops who pushed him to the ground and decided that was enough Reddit for forever. I mean, it's important to know about all that kind of stuff but I watch the news anyways so it was just superfluous stress.

reddit is too useful for me to delete it ever.

rave: had some good sleep and woke up about a half hour before my alarm :)

I made a pumpkin pie from scratch! It isn't perfect of course. I didn't have quite enough dough to cover the entire pie pan and the crust is a tad burned. But otherwise I'm really happy with it. Since most of my cooking involves boiling stuff I'm calling this an absolute win. I wish I could transport smells over the internet because it smells AMAZING!

Spoiler PIE! :
IMG_0439.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom