Random Raves : Let us eat cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
I open this thread in the spirit of celebrating Easter with good food and drink, and let us enjoy ourselves.
You wonder why, don't you? I'll type the answer while you start opening some choklit eggs:

Because we need a celebration, that's why. Too much female-dogging, despots invading countries or massacring their own people, Presidents lying to us, game bosses pwning us, etc.
So, celebration is required.

The whole list, including Arakhor's 20 bundles of joy:

Random Raves (the original!)
Random Raves Two
Random Raves Three: Happiness and Joy
Random Raves Four: Momentary Diversions on the Road to the Grave
Random Raves V: Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
Random Raves VI: Put on a Happy Face
Random Raves VII: I liek ma gun, liek ma gun!!
Random Raves VIII: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Random Raves IX: Walking on Sunshine
Random Raves X: Success Tactics
Random Raves 11: It's getting better all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!
Random Raves XII: I grabbed two beers and bailed.
Random Raves XIII: Christmas Presents On a Soma Holiday
Random Raves XIV: The Rave of the Century
Random Raves XV: Like Skipping Through A Field of Flowers
Random Raves XVI: Runnin' Down a Dream That Never Would Come To Me
Random Raves XVII: A sporran in my kitten!
Random Raves XVIII: Life is a beautiful woman
Random Raves XIX: My nipples explode with delight!
Random Raves XX: Unexpectedly Brilliant in Twenty Different Ways
Random Raves XXI: The Server Is Working
Random Raves XXII: Danger of Happiness Overload
Random Raves XXIII: Everything went better than expectedRandom Raves XXIV: Your face will melt off
Random Raves XXV: DANCE PARTY
Random Raves XXVI: I Get High With a Little Help from My Friends
Random Raves XXVII: And what in the blue blazes is a ROFLcopter?
RANDOM RAVES XXVIII: Death by Snu Snu
Re: RANDOM RAVES ΚΘ: Kick it up a notch! (term is over!)
Random Raves XXX: 100-Proof Proof of Bolshevik Hegemony
Smile Random Raves XXXI - New Year Raveolutions (previous thread)

Let us commence the rebuilding of our postcounts in a bout of happy posting.

disclaimer: I know you'll rant about the title, about the Greek numerals, and about me getting it. If you take these threads seriously, well…

What the hell? Since when did the random raves thread become a fraternity chapter?

TAKHISIS

Y U NO USE ROMAN NUMERALS

(or at least a numeral system that we'd be expected to understand)

I do expect you to understand the numeral system of the Roman Empire, choxorn. :)

@Zack: I've never been in any fraternity.

How dare you make use of that famous quote that Marie Antoinette uttered and is usually misinterpreted! How dare you insult the memory of that poor hot-but-actually-not-really-much-of-a-Paris-Hilton-as-pop-history-looks-to-portray-her princess who died two centuries ago!

Oh, also, concerning the Greek numerals... Greek > Latin. So good choice there. :goodjob:

And Liverpool's the championin' word.

It's a pity the beauty of Greek has been tarred by fraternity culture. But that isn't appropriate for a raves thread, is it.

Fraternities are not what this thread is about, and if you think that partying only happens at fraternities I can only laugh. Now post your raves, or else I'll make sure to snatch the thread after this one and have the entire title of the following on be in Greek (I know that at least one user will approve of that).

Rave: second day of minivacations!

Fraternities are not what this thread is about, and if you think that partying only happens at fraternities I can only laugh. Now post your raves, or else I'll make sure to snatch the thread after this one and have the entire title of the following on be in Greek (I know that at least one user will approve of that).

Make that two users. :mischief:

and I'm pretty tipsy!

life almost seems optimistic at the moment. Have potential job options, relatively finished with my undergraduate degree (a ~5 minute presentation on my part stands between me and fulfilling graduation requirements), etc etc

I was thinking more along the lines of
Ετερόκλητoi Έπαινοι Παραληρηματικοί Λβ': Ας φάμε pain d' Espagne παντεσπάνι

Heterogeneous delusional commendations??

And what has Spanish bread got to do with anything?

The "let them eat cake" was termed here as 'let them eat spanish-bread', cause pantespani was the local exonym for a sort of cake (i suppose). At any rate the term was merely a corruption of the original french term for that sort of pastry.

I thought it might be a Greek cultural expression. Then again, it's all Greek to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom