Random Raves LII: Years May Come, Years May Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
15C is too warm here for this time of year, unless there's a chinook happening.

I hope it's in C cause if I glance at it. I say it's Too Damn Cold!
-9C. Went out for a walk while the laundry was going. It was brisk.

Ηm... My fabled lit seminar seems to somewhat have been a great success this month. Already 28 members (and with still a full week to go this may get even 35 or a little more...) means that the next pay will be the largest ever for myself (it is even at 28) and might even approach a payment which requires 2 large euro banknotes :wow:

A friend of mine defended her PhD today, and the virtual reception and virtual party were actually quite nice :).
What did you virtually drink?

Is that cranberry-flavoured tea? Or actual boiled cranberries?

waits for lemon to materialise when the berry in question is mentioned

Is that cranberry-flavoured tea? Or actual boiled cranberries?
Cranberry-flavored. I'm not ambitious enough now to do the rest of it (though many years ago I did pick wild cranberries out west - something my mom and I did during a family camping/fishing trip).

Rave: I had an incident-free claw-clipping session with Maddy. No fuss, no crying, no howling, no hissing, no scratching, no trying to run away, no deliberately going limp... she behaved beautifully, and it was over and done with very quickly.

Good girl! :love:

(of course it probably helped that the claws were very long and sharp and she was getting them caught in the carpet, the furniture, my clothes, and it hurt when she'd jump up in my lap)

A friend of mine defended her PhD today, and the virtual reception and virtual party were actually quite nice :).
Yesterday, I read a great epigraph in a PhD thesis .
Andrew Gloster, GPU Methodologies for Numerical Partial Differential Equations.
“You'll address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!' Bishop Leonard Brennan (Father Ted 1996).

So, congratulate her and remember to address her by her new title. :)

I finally figured out to use the bookmarks in the Amazon Fire's updated Kindle app. I'm really not sure it's better, just different. I think sometimes they rearrange the UI just to justify their salaries. Which I guess I can understand.

Just now passed the "two largest euro notes" pay-out threshold for the first time with a seminar (and there are still a few days left for more money people to come :)
Though this time there were 45 days for it to begin, instead of the usual 30. Still, a good sign.

(36 people now - it can reach 40, I suppose)

...No fuss, no crying, no howling, no hissing, no scratching, no trying to run away, no deliberately going limp....
And no pictures. How long have you had your camera? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom