Random Raves VII: I liek ma gun, liek ma gun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose one of my friends had a Philosophy assignment out of 5, for which he got 4.35. But I would still call it a ******ed system.

Camikaze said:
I suppose one of my friends had a Philosophy assignment out of 5, for which he got 4.35. But I would still call it a ******ed system.

.... GPA are out of small numbers someone needs to explain those to use Antipodeans!

Letters are okay, but not numbers to correspond to them. Unless those numbers are rounded, such as in a system out of 15 (3 marks for each range).

I just looked up the Danish system of Wikipedia. -3 to 12? WTF?

my laptop is back

Here we have a system of 1-10 (0 is never used, 1 point is usually included in the mark from the start). But we use 2 decimals, so it's in fact as if we had 1000 points in total.

Here we have a system of 1-10 (0 is never used, 1 point is usually included in the mark from the start). But we use 2 decimals, so it's in fact as if we had 1000 points in total.

At least it's a multiple of five, which kind of makes sense. Not that ridiculous -3 to 12 system.

Yeah that one would suck, I admit.

I'm very content with our system actually because you have a very easy time doing averages:

- you get a number of marks for each subject in each semester (you need at least 2 for all subjects, but you need more for some of them)
- all marks have the same importance, except for some that can be given more weight. For example, a music exam in the highschool I used to be in is worth 1/4 of your semester, even if you can have more than 3 normal grades - therefore, the average for one semester can be (AverageNormalMarks * 3 + exam) / 4 .
- for each subject, you get an average for each semester.
- then for each subject, you get a yearly average (first semester + second semester / 2)
- and then, you get a general average from the yearly average of all the subjects.

- at the end of the year, the person with the highest marks gets a "first prize" for that year, the second gets a second prize, etc. Those prizes are symbolic and not really worth anything (never got any money off one, for example).

When I was in early middle school (5th grade) we even had some mathematical problems involving calculating yearly averages and such. :D Because it always goes according to the same formula.

Systems that make sense, make sense.

What really sucks is an exam containing two parts of differing value (10% and 15% of assessment respectively) that equal time is allowed for. And the marks for each are 15 and 20. For the love of God just make them two separate exams, out of 10 and 15.

At least my final school marks are each out of 100 for each subject (from an average of two marks out of 100), combining to give an overall rank out of 100. Now that makes sense.

I got the Neighbourhood Watch achievement in Half Life 2 Episode 2!

That's the one where you have to protect all the buildings in the last level. Only 2.1 of players ever get it. Might go for the one about squishing all the grubs if I play through the developer commentary.
I tried for the first one a coupla times, but no dice - I suck at driving with WASD :/
my laptop is back
:D

You have to plan specifically for it and save scum. You can't just play and expect to get it.

Some striders are programmed just to destroy buildings and are scripted to move fast. You need to use a Magnusson on them, hit them the first time and blow them up just in the nick of time. The others you can safely ignore until they get to the base.

I just looked up the Danish system of Wikipedia. -3 to 12? WTF?

Orly? Especially notice the nice sweet jumps that you have to remember.

Yeah, Negative numbers are stupid in grading.

Try reading the article. The grades go (From worst to best grade)

Yes, the system is way too weird. But, well, it doesn't really matter. It's just scores anyways.

Read the article? Surely you jest!

It's always important to have premier knowledge of the Danish educational system. Except when you're a Swede. STAY OUT OF OUR UNIVERSITIES

lord_joakim said:
It's always important to have premier knowledge of the Danish educational system. Except when you're a Swede. STAY OUT OF OUR UNIVERSITIES

Dirty immigrants eh?

Camikaze said:
Yay for the Chaser! I really don't understand why people can't just take a joke.

It's one thing to be cynical and another to be jaded all in the name of humour... but was that even funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom