Random Raves VII: I liek ma gun, liek ma gun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got some Chuck Taylors. Not only do they look really boss, I think they stand as a fantastic manifestation of the free time I have now that school is out. I have to lace them up properly each time I put them on. :lol:

I got a pair a few months ago. It was a big change for me as I usually never untie my shoes :)
I really like them, though, even if they do turn the bottom of my socks rainbow colored.

I got a pair a few months ago. It was a big change for me as I usually never untie my shoes :)
I really like them, though, even if they do turn the bottom of my socks rainbow colored.
:confused: Unless you got one of those fancy designer ones. Not me, oldschool.
I bought some Jolt cola from the store today!
Oh man, I knew people who had that stuff almost every day. :yuck:

Anything in a can shaped like a battery wasn't meant to be drunk, I say.

Ok, I kinda alluded this to on the last page, but I really think it bares repeating...its a huge deal to me.

I actually got my first college degree today. Ohio State's spring commencement was today, so I sat and baked in the sun for three hours while we graduated 8,000+ people (PhD, all our grad schools, and undergrad). It was miserable waiting in the heat, but getting that diploma was one of the most exciting things in my life.

I think a lot of posters take getting a college education for granted, since so many of their peers get them. In my family, getting a degree is pretty rare. Me and my sister were the first people in my mother's family to get a degree right after high school (my mom got all three of hers after she turned 30 and had three children). Dropout rates for American Universities are *very* high. I'm thrilled to finally have it.

And I'm equally thrilled to be leaving early tomorrow morning to start my new job. So many of my peers, many who majored in things like engineering and nursing, and *several* who have better credentials than I (better grades, schools) cannot find work. I have been very blessed to not only have stable employment, but employment working in something I am passionate about. I have been a lucky man indeed this week.

Congratulations downtown!

And good luck with TFA. :)

--

Rave: My Lenovo Thinkpad x200 came in recently. It's pretty. :love:

Congratulations. That's a rave everyone would be pleased to hear. :)

I rolled a 20 on my willpower save. Result? Did not cheat gf with ex.

I rolled a 20 on my willpower save. Result? Did not cheat gf with ex.

You are now drifting towards chaotic good.

Also, yay downtown :) Congrats and good luck.

Weird story:

So I had lunch with my fiancee and the toddler she nannies, we went to the waterfront afterwords. Right as I was about to go back to work, this film crew appeared out of nowhere and asked if they could ask us a few questions. I told them I was about to go back to work and had no time. They asked my fiancee. I told them she had to take me back to work (I worked like a block away, no idea why I said that. Anyways). Finally we agreed.

The first question, "do you know what a work camp is?" That caught me off guard, I figured it must be some political thing. I attempted to give a technically correct but nonjudgmental answer, talking about the various connotations of the word and its literal meaning and so forth, mentioning the gulags and the like.

Next question, "would you pay to work on someone's house?" My fiancee talked about how she was paid to work in someone's house, and so forth.

Finally, "do you know where Winchester is?" I said there were no doubt many Winchesters worldwide but I knew of one specifically about an hour west of here.

They thanked me, then said the whole thing was for a project where high school students would be helping refurbish old houses or something. I told them that if it was to try and get people to sign up, they should leave out the bit about gulags.

Strange, but kind of funny.

Weird story:

I walked to the barber shop this morning. I go through the door and there's this old guy standing there, with a cane and everything. He points at me and says "RUDY!" ... Needless to say I was a bit confused, as I've never seen this guy before in my life and had no idea what he was talking about. So I just sort of smile and nod as I sidle past him to the empty chair where the barber is waving me over.

While I get my haircut I'm watching this guy in the mirror as he mills around the barber shop friendlily talking to people, waving to some little kids that were in there. Eventually he says "bye everybody I gotta go", and heads out the door. After he leaves the barbers say something to each other in Italian and chuckle. So I'm thinking "OK, this is just the funny old guy that shows up from time to time now, and maybe he's not all right in the head anymore".

So I pay the barber and walk back home. Hours later I'm sitting on the couch watching Dr. Phil. Don't judge me, I'm fascinated by those shows where people are like: "Help daytime talk show, I have an out-of-control teen!" Today on Dr. Phil some parents had TWO out-of-control teens at the same time, I couldn't afford to miss it. So I'm watching Dr. Phil and I'm drinking a glass of ginger ale.

As I'm prone to doing, I spilled down the front of my shirt a little bit. That's when I looked down and realized I'm wearing my Notre Dame shirt.

so what does rudy, the old man, and a notre dame shirt have to do with each other? :)

Anyway, found my Empire Earth (2001) discs! better than EE2 :smug:

Anyway, found my Empire Earth (2001) discs! better than EE2 :smug:

That much is obvious, I don't what they were thinking, or indeed how they managed to pull it off, but in the course of two sequels they turned really quite a promising idea, I mean really quite promising, into a pile off b- ut that's another topic for another place I suppose

My rave? I went to the opera on Monday! (Operetta technically- it was Strauss's Die Fledermaus) Fantastic! I've been whistling the musical pieces extensively since then, presumably much to everyone's annoyance :)

Our vacation to London (England) was fantastic. No rain until the last day.

Just 2 more days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom