Random Raves XLIII: Ai has THIS many penguins (and a dozen moar besides)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
Wow, I get to do this a second time, yay! :clap:

Okay, I think I actually do have over 55 penguins of various types.

*counts*

Yep, forgot about the ones on the fridge. More, definitely. But it's been a good year for penguins, and one can never have too many.

Previous Threads
Spoiler :

Random Raves
Random Raves Two
Random Raves Three: Happiness and Joy
Random Raves Four: Momentary Diversions on the Road to the Grave
Random Raves V: Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
Random Raves VI: Put on a Happy Face
Random Raves VII: I liek ma gun, liek ma gun!!
Random Raves VIII: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Random Raves IX: Walking on Sunshine
Random Raves X: Success Tactics
Random Raves 11: It's getting better all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!
Random Raves XII: I grabbed two beers and bailed.
Random Raves XIII: Christmas Presents On a Soma Holiday
Random Raves XIV: The Rave of the Century
Random Raves XV: Like Skipping Through A Field of Flowers
Random Raves XVI: Runnin' Down a Dream That Never Would Come To Me
Random Raves XVII: A sporran in my kitten!
Random Raves XVIII: Life is a beautiful woman
Random Raves XIX: My nipples explode with delight!
Random Raves XX: Unexpectedly Brilliant in Twenty Different Ways
Random Raves XXI: The Server Is Working
Random Raves XXII: Danger of Happiness Overload
Random Raves XXIII: Everything went better than expected
Random Raves XXIV: Your face will melt off
Random Raves XXV: DANCE PARTY
Random Raves XXVI: I Get High With a Little Help from My Friends
Random Raves XXVII: And what in the blue blazes is a ROFLcopter?
Random Raves XXVIII: Death by Snu Snu
Random Raves ΚΘʹ: Kick it up a notch! (term is over!)
Random Raves XXX: 100-Proof Proof of Bolshevik Hegemony
Random Raves XXXI: New Year Raveolutions
Random Raves ΛΒʹ: Let us eat cake
Random Raves XXXIII: Let us all eat chocolate and rejoice
Random Raves ΛΔʹ: Tank Goodness
Random Raves XXXV: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
Random Raves XXXVI: HAPPINESS ENFORCED BY STRICT MODERATION!!!
Random Raves 37 - Already CFC is returning to harmony
Random Raves #38: Raving Ravephats
Random Raves #39: Life is good
Random Raves 40: Happy new year
Random Raves XLI: One More Trip Around the Sun!
Random Raves XLII: How Amazingly Unlikely is Your Birth!

Another rave: Camp NaNoWriMo started on Sunday. I'm well on track so far, and expect to make it to the end of the month with more of my story completed and my sanity intact.

Carry on. :)

I read that initially as the abbreviation for artificial intelligence.

Zkribbler said:
Well wait... Magna Carta Chapter 12 deals with taxes, Chapter 14 deals with representation, and the two chapters worked in tandem. Admittedly they don't specifically say "no taxation without representation," but the implication is there. At minimum, the foundation is laid.

I must be missing something in the Laws in Wales Acts of 1535. I see it setting out political reforms in Wales, but I see nothing about taxation.
And that's where it gets kinda weird, because Adams wasn't mining it for precedent about taxation, but about the constitutional structure of the empire.

His basic argument is that the Laws in Wales Acts establish that, by explicitly legislating to bring Wales into the "realm" of England and thus under direct parliamentary authority, where it had previously been an autonomous part of the Kingdom of England and thus under royal authority but not clearly under parliamentary authority, the king's dominions were assumed to be set apart from England proper unless explicitly provided for by legislation. As the colonies had been founded by royally-sanctioned charters of various kinds, but never explicitly incorporated into England proper, they rwere part of the Kingdom but not realm of England, so parliament had no right to legislate over the colonies directly, but at most to mediate between the colonies and other sovereign powers. The Welsh precedent was important, because unlike Ireland, Hanover or (historically) Scotland, the colonies had never been independent entities in their own right, they existed in this strange position of being England but not-England, and the precedent of Wales, along with the English palatinates of Chesire, Lancashire and Durham, provided the only working examples in English constitutional history.

But, yeah, there's probably a reason why people globbed onto DontOppressMeBro.doc more readily than Tudor-era constitutional technicalities.

Dachs said:
man what's wrong with Robert Treat Paine
A real patriot bullies his son into becoming president even when the son doesn't want to be president, and a real real patriot bullies his son into becoming president even winning carries the genuine risk of being shot in the face by Andrew Jackson.

Pretty boring thread so far, isn't it?

rave: android 8 (oreo) is packed with a bunch of cool features and I am appreciative thereof.

Unless you meant Maple Oreos......

Maple Oreos

Moderator Action: When you post an image, it should have some text with it. Such are the rules of threads. The exception being the pictures threads. Thank you. --LM

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they even have maple oreos where you are? or are they contained to canada.
I had a half of one once. Threw the rest away, even the squirrels wouldn't touch it.

So you can confirm that penguin is delicious? :mischief:
On the fridge, which is how the OP is worded, thankyouverymuch. They're magnets.

I would never eat a real penguin. But chocolate ones are indeed delicious, and I have penguin-shaped ice cube trays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom