1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Raves XLV: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aimeeandbeatles, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryKB

MaryKB Goddess Queen Supporter

I got a call this morning from my boss' boss' boss ... at 6:45 am lol!

I was really nervous, she's the senior executive in charge of all of fraud, and I've never spoken to her one-on-one before, but I've really admired her. She needed some help verifying some numbers and understanding how two reports match each other and she saw I was online, and I was able to get all her questions answered, and she was very happy with my information. My cat came into my office, jumped on my desk, and started her meowing really loudly, which started a conversation about kitties. And also she and I talked about being early birds; and I later found out she needed a lot of information by 8 am and sent out a bunch of emails, but I'm the only person she could get a hold of. It was such a pleasant conversation, I'm really glad to have had this opportunity, I'm definitely getting a feeling she likes me. I'm happy but not terribly surprised, I've always had really good relationships with women I've worked under, I'm not sure what causes it but they've always seemed to almost treat me like a daughter and go out of their way to help me with my career and protect me, like what my current boss has been doing for me for years. I feel really blessed working under other women, perhaps they know what it's like to be in my position and what I go through.

All in all I feel rather elated and it was such a lovely start to my day, even if I was terrified at first lol.

Kyriakos, Valka D'Ur, tjs282 and 2 others like this.
  2. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

Less than 12 hours until Gathering Storm is released! :D

MaryKB likes this.
  3. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Good.
    Takhisis is totally not Tiamat, btw.
    If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that you watch a four-part documentary by al-Jazeera called ‘The Crusades: an Arab perspective’.

4. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles 401 Unauthorized

Last night I had a dream that I adopted two dozen cats from the local shelter.

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  5. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

It's a good thing we know what sort of company you work for, 'cause otherwise that sounds a bit... disconcerting. :p

:eek:

Were they adults or kittens?

tjs282 likes this.
  6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

More than a bit. I knew a guy once who's self stated title was 'master of fraud.' At first read I couldn't help but think of him.

7. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Fortune smiled on you. In a week, send her a follow up email asking her if she needs anything else to further her previous report and then let her know that you would enjoy helping her out on short notice in the future.

8. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Maybe it sounds a bit too much like fawning. Perhaps ‘be glad to’ sounds better.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  9. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

I would have settled for two
    Feeding two dozen would be a nightmare

10. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

An entertaining euphemism for either catholics or muslims, yes. :D

11. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles 401 Unauthorized

Both.

12. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I tried to play it, but it was 1AM by the time the download finished and I couldn't keep my eyes open to play my turns.... I did at least get to watch the opening video :D

MaryKB likes this.
  13. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

I don't normally find amusement in other people's misfortunes, but a colleague just poured the kefir into his coffee instead of the half-and-half. :lol:

Also, it's Friday.

Also, it's a 3-day weekend.

Also, I got the pretty cashier at Whole Foods this morning. She has some kind of Caribbean accent. Haitian, Jamaican, Trinidadian, I really can't tell the difference. Cheekbones that'd cut glass, though, like Letitia Wright's aunt or older sister.

Also, I've only watched the first 2 eps, but Russian Doll on Netflix is very good.

Did I mention it's Friday?

tjs282 and Kyriakos like this.
  14. Morty

Morty Warlord

I'll join in the Friday celebrations! :banana:

Plus - 5 whole days off.
    Plus - a night away with the wife with no child in tow!:love:

15. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Quoting myself here but I want this recorded for posterity. :D

Last week I was at a show wearing a fauxr vest. Some dude came up to me, touched it, and asked "who did you kill?"

I looked at him and went "my enemies!"

The_J likes this.
  16. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Free vaccines!

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Mom's toe surgery seems to have gone well. The podiatrist says that looking at the bone leaves no doubt that her diagnosis of a bone infection around the metatarsal-phalangeal joint was correct, but that at the point where they cut it the bone looks beautifully healthy. They will test to be sure but she feels confident that the infection is completely removed.

The cast is smaller than I expected. The doctor decided that the protective boot they gave us at her office is much too bulky for mom, and gave us a smaller surgical shoe instead. Mom is allowed to walk around while wearing it, but it is still recommended she not stand or walk more than necessary. for a few days.

When we got home I wanted her to wait for me to help her out of the car, but she didn't need or want help. I had to rush to catch up with her to unlock the door to house. She was sitting on the couch in our den before dad could even stand up in the carport.

I have not seen her walk that fast, that straight, or that steadily in quite a while.

If anything, losing her right big toe seems to have improved her balance rather than hindered it.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

When I was selling cars I went to this product presentation, where the manufacturer (in this case Ford) sends out a team and puts on a spread for salesmen sent by all the dealers in the region so they can train us about the features of the new car they want us to be pushing and such. So they have this long buffet table with assorted breads, deli meats and cheeses, all the trimmings...spared no expense, as they say at Jurassic Park.

I'm at this point of making a stack of sandwiches where I see five big tubs of condiments. One red, obviously ketchup. Who puts ketchup on a deli style sandwi...wait, I digress...anyway. There's red, yellow, a brownish yellow, and...two white. I contemplate the two white, pick a little spreader tip from each of them and stick them on some bread, and identify the mayo and the horseradish. I slather up my various sandwiches with my condiments of choice in appropriate amounts and I'm moving on...

When I see this guy come along and just dig in, full slather mode, and turn a pretty innocuous looking sandwich into basically horseradish on rye. I'm pretty certain that this guy was aiming for mayo. So being the good guy that I am...I hustle back to my table where the other three guys from my store are gathering with our plates piled with sandwiches and point the guy out so we can all watch him when he takes the first big healthy bite of that monster.

It was awesome! We're all in suits, trying to look like the hip slick and cool car salesmen that are basically slumming with the lesser representatives of other stores, and this guy is stuck with a mouthful of flames that is actually melting the snot so fast that it is pouring out of his nose. He's trying to maintain some semblance of dignity and hoping the other people at his table will all look away at something, but just can't pull off "nothing to see here" so they are all looking at him when he spits this slobbery wad of sandwich onto his plate. We were like three tables away but we stood up and applauded.

tjs282 and Silurian like this.
  19. Takhisis

Takhisis april's fool

Please stop making all threads about Trump.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Are you serious? That would be a new low, even for him. Tell me you're making that up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.