Random Raves XLV: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump saves his ketchup for his chocolate-syrup and skittles soup.

Rave: I love the Wayback Machine extension. I came across a long-dead URL and it immediately came up with an option to view the old archived copy.

I remember using a Firefox extension called ErrorZilla Plus. Sadly, it got discontinued.

Accidentally clicked on a website in my bookmarks and saw they were having a flash sale on classes.

A $205 course for $15? Don't mind if I do...

Rave: While cleaning out bookmarks, I came across Playnite, which is an open-source game manager thingy that also lets you import your games from Steam and GOG and all those things. I'm trying it out now and it's pretty cool actually.

My wife returns today from St. Louis. Her train arrives about 4:30 local time.

Ah, so a few more hours to get up to some mischief.

Ah, so a few more hours to get up to some mischief.
Yes: vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, doing the dishes, making the bed, doing a load of laundry...... ;)

You're trying to guilt her into forgiving you for something. What did you do?

Yes: vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, doing the dishes, making the bed, doing a load of laundry...... ;)
Or you can play video games, and then blame everything on the Dirty Laundry Fairy.
"Dear, I cleaned everything up. But, wouldn't you believe it, right as I left to pick you up the Dirty Laundry Fairy came by and wrecked everything!"

You're trying to guilt her into forgiving you for something. What did you do?
She has been gone for three weeks and will be glad to be home. Our cats miss her. Oh, and yes, I have been overdoing the video games a bit for the last several weeks. Oh well.

Or you can play video games, and then blame everything on the Dirty Laundry Fairy.
"Dear, I cleaned everything up. But, wouldn't you believe it, right as I left to pick you up the Dirty Laundry Fairy came by and wrecked everything!"
Chores are all done. I started early to be finished early and now have the afternoon to level my guy in POE. :D

Losho gadzhe (Лошо гадже) is back up. Good going, Heavy metal from Eastern Bloc!

Rave: It's warm enough today that I can open my window!

Rave: I solved a mystery!

Someone on the Petty Archives emailed me about a concert that she attended but was unable to find any evidence actually happened. Based on some information provided, I narrowed it down to a few possible dates, dug up some digitized newspaper archives, and began scanning through the events sections. I found it!

Granted, it was mostly just a bit of guesswork and knowing where to look, but I feel good about myself.

Rave: I solved a mystery!

Someone on the Petty Archives emailed me about a concert that she attended but was unable to find any evidence actually happened. Based on some information provided, I narrowed it down to a few possible dates, dug up some digitized newspaper archives, and began scanning through the events sections. I found it!

Granted, it was mostly just a bit of guesswork and knowing where to look, but I feel good about myself.
Excellent! :thumbsup:

You should be an archivist.

For a living, I mean.

That's pretty sweet aimee!

Don't mind if I do...

Spoiler The whole thing just played through my head :

Erm, rave... I can just barely wiggleworm my fatness off a ladder in the basement and into the access space under the kitchen sink, and the pvc replacement stuff up doesn't seem to be leaking where the galvanized steel pipe finally gave up the ghost. There's going to be more stuff to replace and I wasn't smart enough to do it all at once, but so far the fetid leaking seems to be gone for $12.50 in parts and no plumber call. Nobody... bump... anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom