Random Raves XLV: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure that I've got the gist of the rave and rant threads
Rave: When something good happened, or you just feel like saying something positive

Rant: When something bad happened, or you just feel like complaining

And there's the Random Thoughts threads, for when you're not sure where to post or there isn't too much of an emotional charge to the statement.

I think it never got more than 3 pages, or roughly so.

@The_J Treat her nice and don't be too weird. :)

Thanks :), and no worries. When I'm on a date, it normally works out nicely for both sides :D.

I have just bought a Jaguar for 300 quid, and on the evidence of driving it home from the auction there is nothing wrong with it.

There was a hunks thread?
Well, yes, but we don't have that many women active enough in OT. There are quite a few homo-/bi-sexual men but they didn't post much, whereas the babes threads became serialised IIRC.
I have just bought a Jaguar for 300 quid, and on the evidence of driving it home from the auction there is nothing wrong with it.
You do mean the car brand, don't you? There's been an awful spate of stories about people taking animals from zoos recently.

Path of Exile just detailed it's next league which starts in early June!! Legion

You do mean the car brand, don't you? There's been an awful spate of stories about people taking animals from zoos recently.
I do mean a car, I have not just bought a wild predator.

Actually I meant one of the tame ones from the zoo, but, OK, back to cars.

Was it a police auction?

Where the cops auction off cars that were seized for any of many reasons.
The cars are sold 'AS IS' so you should go look at them before putting in a bid for one. But you can get some really decent deals if you do your homework.
My older brother bought both of his sons cars through police auctions.

Actually I meant one of the tame ones from the zoo, but, OK, back to cars.

Was it a police auction?
It was not a police auction, it was west oxfordshire motor auction. I did not do any "homework" as such, but I looked under the oil filler cap and in the coolant reservoir for signs of a blown head gasket, and in the cabin for anything obvious. I took about 3 minutes on this car before I bought it.

Where the cops auction off cars that were seized for any of many reasons.
The cars are sold 'AS IS' so you should go look at them before putting in a bid for one. But you can get some really decent deals if you do your homework.
My older brother bought both of his sons cars through police auctions.
My brain skipped the word "cars" in that last sentence, and I thought, wow, that's a police department that doesn't mess around.

Police department-cum-adoption agency? Hmmm. It does sound like an Inferno Cop script, and they do have a new season coming up.
It was not a police auction, it was west oxfordshire motor auction. I did not do any "homework" as such, but I looked under the oil filler cap and in the coolant reservoir for signs of a blown head gasket, and in the cabin for anything obvious. I took about 3 minutes on this car before I bought it.
OK, just make sure that it doesn't have a Pinto mode and enjoy.

In the US you always have to check for bullet holes.

Just letting you know that I started having a Patreon page today... Feel free to have a look - though atm there is only one article of mine there ^_^
https://www.patreon.com/Kyriakos

rest assured I will be your supporter, count you already have one

edit: However maybe it will be helpful if you tell us what we will get by being your supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom