Random Raves XLVI: 145,784 and Counting: Every story happens one word at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rave: The new earpads I ordered for my headphones shipped out. I should be getting them soon.

I took a look at the old pads. I think the only reason I couldn't get them back on was because they were nearly in tatters. And after seven years they kind of got icky with all sorts of dead skin and sweat despite trying to clean them every so often. :vomit:

Rave:

I dug up the file that keeps the count, and over the last 23 days, I wrote over 6,500 words. I probably removed a whole bunch while editing it in Scrivener, but I'm happy at how I'm doing.

I'm going to see if I can keep it up a full month.

EDIT: I did the meth math in a calculator and it came out around 283 words a day. My word count goal was 200 words a day for a while and now it's 300. :)

Last edited:
Today's not my best day. I told a friend in chat about how much I'd "wrotten." :lol:

Sounds as if somebody were making some Freudian slips.

I probably removed a whole bunch while editing it in Scrivener, but I'm happy at how I'm doing.

Although a decent portion was written before that 23-day streak, my current word total is around 8,500 words. Maybe I didn't remove as much as I thought.

Last edited:
Our Rugby League team the Canberra Raiders are one home final away from the first grand final since 1994 and the city is starting to ramp up the support. Already we have the green sausages and green bread ready to go for sausage sandwiches.

We've got the weekend off before the preliminary final next Friday, soon I expect buildings to be lit up green and the local milk company to wheel out the lime flavoured milk again. Keen as hell to see this city to go nuts over winning a premiership.

My last computer came with Windows 10, which wants me to buy their word processing program from them. I raise my middle finger in salute! :mad: I downloaded Open Office, for free. :hug: This worked fine for a while. Then Open Office decided every word I typed was misspelled. :eek2: I struggled without a spellchecker for a while, but finally I downloaded LibreOffice, for free. :D At first, it acted as it has no dictionary. :dubious: Then that kicked in, and all's right with the world. :yup:

notepad is the only worthy tool , that Win-blows will ever get ;)

edit: maybe except the calculator ....

oh and mine sweeper and solitaire ! These rock too ! :)

What !?! Notepad is the next best thing since .... DOS text parser .... oh.. go ahead and make fun of Mr.Crock but see if I care when Your hard-drives are emitting smoke ! :p :D

Windows Notepad isn't that good for a plain-text editor. I use Notepad2 for some things and Notepad++ for others.

Aimee You saved the day once more , Your knack for tinkering and research (and burning things down) won the day yet again!

go ahead and make fun of Mr.Crock
I could do that by quoting you with my every post i.e. adding this to my signature… I'd better think this through carefully.

Did you seriously not know about Notepad++, Mr. Crock?

I could do that by quoting you with my every post i.e. adding this to my signature… I'd better think this through carefully.

Did you seriously not know about Notepad++, Mr. Crock?

eh ? what ?! Notepad ++ never heared of it ! :) I've heared of a notepad that is +++ however (the more the "+" signs the better right ? ) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom