Random Raves XVI: Runnin' Down a Dream That Never Would Come To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give an example of a question they might ask?
Sure, sadly I tossed my stuff into the trash, so I'll be using the Final History Exam in basic history (everything goes in basic and advanced, one has to choose what before entering the 11th grade) of Baveria (I wanted to use Saxony, which is where I am from, but the archive is restricted to school students :mad:) in the year of 2008. This exam is made up of 4 major parts (I-IV) which themselves contain several question. Out of convenience I'll only give the first two of the first two parts and the last of the fourth part to give an overall impression.

I/1 Extrapolate the given caricature in relation to the German and British foreign policy

I/2.1 Acquire using the given proclamation the prime statements of Hitler regarding the British policy towards Germany and determine the intention of the proclamation

II/1 Depict the meaning of the Treaty of Locarno for the stance in foreign policy of the German Empire during the Weimar period
II/2 Portray the line of thought of the three given speech excerpts and characterize the stance of the speech holders towards Locarno

IV/4 Present exterior and interior factors which determine the development of relations among nations. Discuss those factors using the example of the relations of Germany from one of the following time periods: German Empire 1871 - 1914, Weimar Republic 1919 - 1932, NS-Time 1933 - 1945

Bear in mind that all those questions require you to argue with facts and not out of your ass ;)

One of the questions was a little odd, but I think I did well. Especially on the DBQ, I raped that sucker.

Not to mention the multiple choice was ridiculously easy.

Yeah. The first free response was pretty weird, and all of the examples I used related to the Americas in some way, which may not fit their standard of using at least two regions. The second one was okay, but I didn't do much with contrasting, and I didn't have too many specifics on the Aztecs. DBQ was easy, but I probably could have worded my call for another document better. Honestly, based on the ones we saw in class that got 9s, I'm probably nitpicking on flaws the graders won't really care about.

Re: AP world

Um, I know one of our essay questions was on like "compare and contrast nation states of 2 of the following three: Africa XXth century, somewhere else XXth centuries, south america? XXth centuries

One of my friends wrote Africa didn't have nation states. Made me lol. Also forgot the DBQ for us was on the olympics...lulz. Ah good times (that was my first AP exam).

Re: AP world

Um, I know one of our essay questions was on like "compare and contrast nation states of 2 of the following three: Africa XXth century, somewhere else XXth centuries, south america? XXth centuries

One of my friends wrote Africa didn't have nation states. Made me lol. Also forgot the DBQ for us was on the olympics...lulz. Ah good times (that was my first AP exam).

Africa or Arabia 20th, Latin America 19th. Our teacher gave us that as a sample.

Why are so many people taking AP World? AP World is a Junior class for kids that go to SES. Are you all juniors? If yes, I think I am the only senior here now that Madviking is disapeared.

I took it Sophomore year, and I think most of the people who posted here are Sophomores, with the exception of civplayah, who is a Freshman.

Sophomore for us. We do Euro freshman, World sophomore, and US junior generally, but it's pretty flexible. Taking them out of order can have some odd consequences though.

Ew. Sophmores. I think I have to fetch the fumigator.

What's wrong with sophomores?

What's wrong with sophomores?
They are sophmores. Not as innocent as freshmen, not as tolerable as juniors, and not as awsome as seniors. They represent a perfect blend of ignorance, ego, and ickyness.

Yes, but age/2+7 points at sophomores… ;)

All this talk of AP makes me feel horribly stupid. :(

Yes, but age/2+7 points at sophomores… ;)
Now I know where to direct the 'To Catch a Predator' people.

All this talk of AP makes me feel horribly stupid. :(
Don't worry, my AP Gov class had its fair share or cargo-cult hippie communists spouting pop philosophy and pretending to understand Marx. I took great pleasure in correcting them in Marxist ideology as they tried to label me a Randian Libertarian while I proceeded to advocate for Social Democracy.

What I mean is that everyone here seems to be in AP which is like advanced where I live. I was in the dummy classes.

Now I know where to direct the 'To Catch a Predator' people.
Age/2+7 gives me 17 years, Mr. Ajidica. It means sophomores for some of the youngsters ranting about sophomores, ;)

Ew. If your Romeo and Juliet age is 17, that means I am within it.
Ew.

But you're not a girl, Ajidica, and you live a few thousand kilometres away which isn't good anyway :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom