Random Raves XVI: Runnin' Down a Dream That Never Would Come To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't do it in 5th grade, I started in 6th. It's quite hard, and I doubt a 5th grader could do more than 30.

Unless said 5th grader was active in sports...

First time I did it in 6th grade I got like 18 :lol:

By the time I was leaving middle school (8th) I got something close to 65, second or third best of my PE class.

Its my last night out in Ireland before I move to South Korea for at least 12 months. Yeayah.

Its kind of sad in that I won't see good friends for a while, but its mostly a rave.

Shekwan, you'll get to see the sun. That is so much more than a simple rave.

Why are so many people taking AP World? AP World is a Junior class for kids that go to SES. Are you all juniors? If yes, I think I am the only senior here now that Madviking is disapeared.

Juniors? I'm a freshman.

Does anyone actually stay for the entire prom? I know my brother and his friends left early too (though not to go to a movie theatre lol).

Rave: Yesterday I got a 91 on the pacer :D It's not that good for a freshman, but seeing as how I got a 41 a month ago, it's an improvement.

What's that?

:eek:

I thought it was so hard. Well, not the essays, but the multiple choice was pretty hard. I feel pretty confident that I made a 3, though. At least.

You're a Freshman. Of course you're less prepared for an AP Test.

I took it Sophomore year- and my school only covered half of the curriculum that year, and the other half Freshman year. If you only spent one semester preparing for the test while we took 1-2 years... :p

What did you do the other half of the year you weren't preparing for the test?

Got free food just by sitting in the lounge. I haven't had to buy food for at least 3-4 days now.

Hearing an American say " riding " outside of the context of a rap video or reality show . Exciting stuff , probably like hearing your first " not put on for effect " crikey .
The hell? This is just weird. Americans ride bikes all the time. Or motorcycles. Or riding lawnmowers. Or horses. Have you literally never heard Americans talk about any of this stuff?

Anything under six I'll consider good. Congratulations! :goodjob:

What I meant was do you run with your school track team?

Thanks, sorry for the late reply but yes to your question. It was for my tack team.

Prom went pretty good.

The hell? This is just weird. Americans ride bikes all the time. Or motorcycles. Or riding lawnmowers. Or horses. Have you literally never heard Americans talk about any of this stuff?

I think he's referring to 'riding' in the context of being in a car, outside the context of a rap video or reality show.

Riding a Victa sounds kinda tricky, too.

I imagine that would be more noteworthy if he'd ever had meaningful contact with Americans outside of rap or reality shows.

Yes, I think that's his point. A large portion of our exposure to Americans is through 'culture' rather than actual interaction, so seeing an American use an Americanism when actually interacting with them is a semi-surreal moment. 'Riding in a car' is meant to be something said only in rap or reality shows, not in real life!

The first person who started this "riding" conversation I thought was joking and meant something different. The continuation seems insane though, you people really haven't heard of riding in a car, a rollercoaster, whatever? (The thing I thought this conversation was going to turn to was using the word as a sex term, which is also well known enough but no clue if that non-USians would know that either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom