Random Raves XVI: Runnin' Down a Dream That Never Would Come To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yayness! Woke up only after the main phase of the sickening wedding was over. ANARCHY IN THE UK!

I'm a strong supporter of the Royal Family, but watching the pageantry in action rather bores me. :)

I got reminded of a good reason I don't watch TV anymore.

That's interesting. He's not really "William Wales" any more, though is he, if he's now also Duke of Cornwall, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus.

It's traditional for members of the Royal Family to be given titles when they get married. It does ensure that their spouses have titles too. In William's case, they're carefully chosen to represent England, Scotland and Ireland.

And surprise Ireland gets the lowest title. :p

If the Irish revolted though, would that not make him a target.

Patiently waiting for the next Royal Wedding.

Superman threatens to renounce US citizenship

"Conservative commentators and bloggers react with disgust to the DC Comics superhero's decision"

Bwahahaha!

:lol: This comment puts it best:

superman enters the usa, illegally

pays no taxes of any kind

manages to get a decent job at newspaper with no green card or proof of citizenship - taking food from the mouths of hard working blue collar workers

then has the sheer nerve to renounce his american citizenship

who needs lex luthor when clark kent is about

As that very same user posted in the same page, WHERE IS HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE????

If the Irish revolted though, would that not make him a target.
They already did that during the First World War and then became more-or-less independent in 1927. Carrickfergus is actually a place in County Antrim, in Northern Ireland, so he should be safe from angry Irishmen. :)

They already did that during the First World War and then became more-or-less independent in 1927. Carrickfergus is actually a place in County Antrim, in Northern Ireland, so he should be safe from angry Irishmen. :)
His great-great-uncle got assassinated by the IRA in 1979...

Admittedly, it was within the Republic of Ireland, but still, Carrickfergus isn't exactly hard to reach.

The Queen is Duke of Normandy and I don't know if she's even been there, let alone spent any considerable time there.

She's Duke of Normandy because the title has lapsed, so it's retained in the male form, even though the Queen is female (obviously). She's also Duke of Lancaster and Lord of Mann for that reason.

C'mon, if it'd been Margaret I wouldn't have complained about a male title…

The Queen is Duke of Normandy and I don't know if she's even been there, let alone spent any considerable time there.
You were the one who brought up going there, not me. :p

We won our baseball game today!! I was 3 for 3 with a walk. I got a triple, and 2 singles. I also caught two balls and dove and caught a third to end the game! :D

Someone said to me "you f-wording garbage can." My response was that I do not have intercourse with garbage cans.

Aimeeandbeatles: Master of epic comebacks, since 1871 BC. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom