Random Thoughts 0o10: Special Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just spent seven days and seven sixths of an hour without entering The Internet, courtesy of my ISP. It shut me out of a mafia game (bad) but it also gave me a week's worth of unexpected holidays in which I was spared a veritable storm of political non-announcementsand spent most of my time binging on Star Wars, playing card games* with my friends and playing interesting single-player campaigns (good).
I have also learned that one entire release of an RPG campaign has been named after me because I beta-tested the game so thoroughly that I found bugs everywhere and one release consisted of bugs reported by me only.

So two raves and one rant in that.
I keep reading the "Ask an Anarchist" thread as "Ask an Antichrist"
True punk spirit.

*not the user, because he's in another country, but he's welcome to try

Holy carp, it's 12:15
I've got to work in a few hours. I have half days for the rest of the year at least :)

This message appeared in my spam box:

Spoiler :

Hmm. It's actually pretty convincing. :think:

This message appeared in my spam box:

Spoiler :

Hmm. It's actually pretty convincing. :think:
Allow me to translate
Questionable_Translation said:
Pardon me, but a am niegarian rayoltie, and i need you to send me money. Please excuse the fact that i cannot spell niegaria, or rayoltie.

Wow. I didn't know you could read....whatever language that is!

I just found out that if I stand in one specific spot in my bedroom, the radio turns to static. That's weird.

Do you have any metal implants?

Uh, do teeth fillings count?

Uh, do teeth fillings count?
I don't think so. Incidentally, the signal strength for Wi-Fi (also electromagnetic radiation) can vary a bit depending on the proximity of human bodies along the line of transmission so you are on to something even if I'm not sure what.

Last edited:
Water is a wonderful shield against electromagnetic radiation including radio waves and we're mostly water so it makes sense.

Ah, so that's why radios don't work when you immerse them in water. :think:

I'm actually surprised to hear some one that is not in a car, listening to a radio.

Broadcast radio has been declining for a long time, replaced by satellite and music streaming.
Even in cars the percentage of people listening has declined.

Grocery shopping and this is on repeat:

"I saw mommy kissing santa claus..."

And then the kid is like "and I'm gonna tell my dad, I am!"

and like, why is this cute? when did people decide a kid thinking he caught his mom having an affair, and that he's duty bound to report it to his father, is cute?

Probably for the same reason they think it's okay for an elderly man to break-and-enter everyone's homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom