Random Thoughts 0o10: Special Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. I've been posting in the video game thread too.

I was updating the spreadsheet I use to keep track of saved-game locations (because developers just can't use the damned 'Saved Games' folder that Windows provides...). One of the games stumped me because it wasn't in any of the usual locations and FileActivityWatch wasn't picking up anything. I eventually figured out that this game (one of those mass-produced horse games, ca. 2010) was storing the save data in the registry. When I exported it, it was just plain XML.

I've seen some odd design choices before, but this one just baffles me.

What happens when you don't have your phone on you and you need to make a call? For example: You're stuck on the side of the road somewhere, you forgot your phone or it's dead, and you are using a helpful stranger's phone to call a friend to pick you up. The helpful stranger isn't going to have the person you need to call in their contacts list so you are going to have to remember what number to dial.

Since it doesn't fit in the other thread:
This reminds me I should print out all my phone numbers again, and carry them around with me.
I did this with the most important ones a few years ago, but stopped doing it.
I guess this would come in handy in some extreme situations (e.g. also you get run over by a car and the phone gets damaged).

I don't have an emergency number noted anywhere :think:.

And since you're in Toronto and hobbs is in California then hobbs will promptly get Synsensa to call Canadian emergency services. Correct?

But you see, I'm an American so I presumably don't know where two Canadian cities are in relation to each other so Tak's still right, I'd call you first.

But you see, I'm an American so I presumably don't know where two Canadian cities are in relation to each other so Tak's still right, I'd call you first.

I could drive to LA and back and I still wouldn't reach where Shadowplay is.

And Valka too ;) She's a Red Deer ... Oh, I mean at Red Deer ;)
Valka's only a 14 hour drive from Synsensa. I'm 7 or 8 days away.

Canada is big. ;)

Valka's only a 14 hour drive from Synsensa. I'm 7 or 8 days away.

Canada is big. ;)

Pffffft. Canada is big but it ain't that big. I can drive LA to New Orleans in 36 hours (verified) so there is no doubt in my mind that I could drive Vancouver to...where? Montreal?...in a couple days, three tops.

NOTE: During summer in good weather.

Edit: Update. Google says drive time from Vancouver to Halifax is 58 hours.

Edit: Update. Google says drive time from Vancouver to Halifax is 58 hours.
Yeah, but you can't drive at night through Ontario or New Brunswick because of the moose. Trust me. It's a long drive. I've done it twice. Much of the Trans Canada highway goes through cities, so you have to diddle around in traffic for a good hour or so getting through it and that adds to your drive time.

I don't have a problem driving long hours or driving fast, but I have yet to make the whole trip in under seven days.

And then there's the damn Cobequid Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom