Random Thoughts 0o10: Special Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad gave me his first name as my middle name and I think I'm going to do the same thing if I have a son but slightly less obvious - I like the name Castor for a boy's middle name.

Just give him two middle names, or a hyphenated Castor-<your first name>

Just give him two middle names, or a hyphenated Castor-<your first name>
Or be creative like my parents and give him four middle names. Add Aldebaran and Betelgeuse in there too. :)

Just call him Sirius.

I wonder who will get the next Random Thoughts thread.

Their title will never be better than mine. Never!

How about "We Can Has Permanent Postcount?"

How about plain old arabic numerals and no subtitle. Or maybe even just leaving the thread open forever like all those other threads where that works fine.

lmao no
And we're not 100% set on Castor as a middle name either for a boy, that's just my favorite and it's at the top of our list.

Well, if you go for Castor, you can say, "oh, Pollux!" a lot and no one will have any idea what you're talking about.

In the Sims 2, there's a premade Sim named Castor. I've half-considered giving him a twin named Pollux. :lol:

That one's pretty personal for reasons I don't want to get into.
Best practice: Never reveal a baby's name before the baby is born and officially named. The reveal should arrive via mail or email. This avoids any second guessing and discussion. When folks make suggestions, just say thank you we'll let you know after the birth.

• "Car crashes through window, into Halifax store"
  • "84-year-old woman crashes car into Shoppers Drug Mart in Truro"
  • "Truck crashes into New Glasgow Shoppers Drug Mart"
  • "Car, horse crash through store windows in separate Nova Scotia incidents"
  • "Car crashes through Fabricville store window in Cole Harbour, N.S."
  • "Car crashes into small-town Nova Scotia store, misses dozens of customers"
Something tells me that Nova Scotians aren't great drivers.

Are there any cultures that allow a kid to name themselves around age 6?

I can see why parents do it at birth, but at the same time I feel for all those kids named Blanket or General Feltwaffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom