Random Thoughts 3: A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of That...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
Since I made post #1000 in the previous thread, I'm starting this one (is that some kind of hat trick to have 3 serial threads going at once?).

The previous threads:

I bought a package of Swiss Rolls the other day, for the first time in over 25 years. They're much smaller now than they used to be. :(

(btw... the title is a quote from one of the songs in Fiddler on the Roof. Just in case anyone might be curious.)

I am eating a mango.

Edit: I'm probably doing it wrong. It's so messy that I couldn't type a longer message.

Apparently I need to pay more attention to post numbers. :p

I like dried mango. There's mango-flavored pop (which is not bad), and for awhile 7-11 was offering mango-flavored Slurpees. Those were quite tasty.

Apparently I need to pay more attention to post numbers. :p
If you recall, I was supposed to start the second one, after Kyriakos relinquished it (I had #999). But Aimee went ahead and started a new thread, so I let it go... until now.

I had post #1000 ready a couple of days ago. :lol:

At least I can't start the next one, so you'll just have to pay more attention.

Cut it in half, lengthwise. Use the skin as a bowl. Cut the "meat" into cubes.

That's what I tried, but I used a small knife and it was a pretty big mango.

I don't really understand consciously trying to 'get' the posting rights to a serial thread.

I don't generally, but I am irrationally annoyed by failing to do so by one or two posts.

I did it by accident once, and will make sure it never happens again.

I don't really understand consciously trying to 'get' the posting rights to a serial thread.
I was surprised when it happened the first time, but it's one of the few "contests" we're allowed here.

The TrekBBS equivalent is winning an avatar contest (winners get to choose the theme for the next one and are responsible for hosting it and putting up the poll thread after the entries are in; a suggestion to try this here went absolutely nowhere).

Besides, I was actually supposed to have started #2, but things got a bit mixed up. I chose not to insist, since people were already using the new thread. So in a sense, this is just straightening out the old situation.

I won't be able to name the next Rants, Raves, or Random threads, so it will be someone else's turn.

Low-effort random thoughts so far.

It's reminiscent of the "gets" people used to do on the site-that-shall-not-be-named
***** can be fun if you avoid /pol/ and temporarily relinquish your sanity. /x/ is a pretty good source of creepypasta/innawoods.

Low-effort random thoughts so far.
Practice what you preach, Ryika-chan!

[site-that-shall-not-be-named] can be fun if you avoid /pol/ and temporarily relinquish your sanity. /x/ is a pretty good source of creepypasta/innawoods.

The site-that-shall-not-be-named was once the innovation-driver of the entire internet. Virtually every format for internet fads ("memes") originated on said site-that-shall-not-be-named.

keyword on once

anyway valka, why even bother to open the windows in summer? i certainly don't. too hot for that nonsense.

anyway valka, why even bother to open the windows in summer? i certainly don't. too hot for that nonsense.

I do it when I smoke in my room or when the temperature drops low enough to make it comfortable. I like listening to rain especially.

If it's not oppressive, I'll open the windows to give the cats a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom