Random Thoughts Five: Ya rolls the dice, ya takes yer chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jein. In fact I only started studying it last year. But I do speak a few more languages. After all, the university degree which the Vatican-slow educational authorities in this country are supposed to give me is for a six-year degree in translation.
Wonder if I should just focus on polishing my German and French, or follow my true love*, yr iaith y nefoedd? You could even use that one if you're ever down in Y Wladfa for whatever reason!

*until I find another one...

Hmmmm no, I don't think I will. I'd rather stick to the metatron I know and love, who taught me how to insult people in Djerman even if he said it was common-day greetings for free.
I'm afraid that metatron's long gone :undecide:

Celtic languages are always interesting to study, but if you're trying to get a job with world organisms and such German and/or French would be more useful.

Is Muenster not a German cheese? I would assume it was, by the name.

p.s. if you guys don't like this post you are bullying me

I like your post, but I really like what Wikipedia says about this one. It's an American cheese developed by German immigrants and named not for the German city but for the city in what was Alsace, which is now part of France.

Once again, CFC posters ONE, German cheeses ZERO*. So much winning I can hardly keep my attention focused.

*Following a successful protest the previous bout was scored as a draw, giving Germany half a cheese.

It's very gouda you to provide that muensterious list of German cheeses. It is much chedder than other lists I've seen. But if I'm brieing honest, I never curd much for German cheese. I goat plenty of other cheeses prefer.

It's very gouda you to provide that muensterious list of German cheeses. It is much chedder than other lists I've seen. But if I'm brieing honest, I never curd much for German cheese. I goat plenty of other cheeses prefer.
Of your vices, I prefer your drinking to your punning, "Little Beauty" Hiram

I used Steam to uninstall a game to free up some space on my system drive. Immediately following that, a bunch of other games started updating. That was odd.

Typewriters died out a long time ago.

Yet Wite-Out (correction fluid) sales remain strong? :hmm: :hmm:
People still write by hand. And sometimes texts written and printed on computers need corrections anyway.

I used Steam to uninstall a game to free up some space on my system drive. Immediately following that, a bunch of other games started updating. That was odd.

I finally figured out the cause myself, recently. Windows is defragmenting your drive all the time automatically, deleting a large amount of files frees up space to do this with. It is particularly noticeable when your drive is 90% or 95% full like mine usually is whenever I notice this happen. The "updates" are really just moving those files around, hence 0kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom