• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Random Thoughts Sechs: Eeeeehhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
I'm not sure what to think of this thread series. Dumb, but keeps all the low-quality posts in one place, I guess.

There's my thought.

That's in part the point of this thread. It's like Rants and Raves but without the positive or negative connotations, and there's unanswered posts as well as some genuinely helpful and/or insightful ones.

Food. Very important ting.

I'm not sure what to think of this thread series. Dumb, but keeps all the low-quality posts in one place, I guess.

There's my thought.
Thought:
Instead of starting any new serial thread complaining about the title of the thread, we should instead complain about the concept of the thread.

There's my thought.
I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it's here so I use it. That postcount isn't going to grow itself.

Thought:
Instead of starting any new serial thread complaining about the title of the thread, we should instead complain about the concept of the thread.
But that rule should only apply to this thread itself. That way we have two standard thread responses and informal rules about them and then we can claim that OT has a unique culture. More rules means more pretension and I'm all about that life.

Thought:
But that rule should only apply to this thread itself. That way we have two standard thread responses and informal rules about them and then we can claim that OT has a unique culture. More rules means more pretension and I'm all about that life.
Are we trying to compete with reddit?

If so, just say the word. Even Lexicus will become whimsical.
There hasn't been 8116 posts in this serial series though. :confused:
We'll get there, my young padawan.

Thought:

Wait, that's like a rule? I thought everyone here was just naturally whiny.

As a member of CFC OT, it is my sacred duty as a poster to criticize this thread title.

I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it's here so I use it. That postcount isn't going to grow itself.

OT has always had a unique culture. People who come here from the Civ forums, never mind from other sites entirely, have no idea what they're getting into.

It's why I experience culture shock on other sites.

Oh, and about the thread title... Is that supposed to be an attempt at a phonetic spelling of "sexy"?

Oh, and about the thread title... Is that supposed to be an attempt at a phonetic spelling of "sexy"?
I suppose, the polyglot mouse went with ze djerman number. :)

Eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben...

I'm watching some Tim Allen comedy special from the late 80's on youtube and I'm pretty sure this is what's on TV in hell.

I suppose, the polyglot mouse went with ze djerman number. :)

Eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben...
Ah, okay. I never learned what came after "drei." German was offered in my high school but I never took it (French being more practical).

*Teuto-Caledonian accent* Acht, neun! What a calamity!

I like Bill Maher's show so much more than I like him.
His show is a lot of fun but he has extremely stupid views on space exploration - I say stupid instead of uninformed because every time he talks about anything to do with space it's pretty clear he's only interested in discussing his caricature of space exploration and not reality. He's also been on an anti-millenial bent lately that's pretty annoying.

Yeah Bill Maher is extremely un-nuanced on some topics but overall I enjoy his show too. It's been a while since I've been watching it though. Perhaps I should get back into it.

edit: re thread title I have no idea what's going on there. I'm just going to assume it's some sort of sarcasm or whatever and get on with my day.

He's also been on an anti-millenial bent lately that's pretty annoying.

Avocado toast?

Honestly I find it pretty funny when older people complain about millennials getting participation trophies. Because...who are the ones that gave them to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom