Random Thoughts VII: Do the Hokey Pokey

Status
Not open for further replies.
On GOG, I saw a game called Cooking Simulator that was over 20 dollars and I'm just wondering...why? I guess it could be useful in learning to cook? I don't know?

Touché, sir. Touché. :)

I've caught a few more pet owners on my floor and the one above and warned them about their impending evictions. I get one of a few responses:

"But we've never done anything wrong..."
"But we've always paid our rent on time..."
"But we pay so much in rent...."
"But we've lived here for years..."

followed by "....so how can they do this?!"

I find myself channeling my inner @Lexicus when I say, "That's capitalism for you"

I've caught a few more pet owners on my floor and the one above and warned them about their impending evictions. I get one of a few responses:

"But we've never done anything wrong..."
"But we've always paid our rent on time..."
"But we pay so much in rent...."
"But we've lived here for years..."

followed by "....so how can they do this?!"

I find myself channeling my inner @Lexicus when I say, "That's capitalism for you"
How long until all renting companies follow suit and also ban pets creating a national market/industry standard that pets of any kind are forbidden from rental properties?
And how long until someone tries to fight this saying that their pet is a emotional support animal resulting in some republican judge declaring that the concept of emotional support animals infringes on the rights of rental companies and is therefore unconstitutional?

Plot twist: I'm going to start reading for a couple of chemistry exams. And no there is no real plan to that, the plan ship sailed a long long time ago. Frick that boat.

Hey, yeah, that's a thought: if enough landlords get away with setting a precedent by evicting pet-owning victims, I mean, tenants, then they can all band together and institute a pet fee. Say, an extra 50 dollars a month per animal per month, to start with.
Plot twist: I'm going to start reading for a couple of chemistry exams. And no there is no real plan to that, the plan ship sailed a long long time ago. Frick that boat.
Ooohhh, c'mon, what're you up to?

They already do that. We pay an extra amount up front and then monthly pet rent on top of that.

They already do? Wow. Land of the free indeed.

I saw a brand new Dodge Charger today... with a Domino's sign on the roof. The mind boggles.

Some situations are too bizarre to figure out which degree of whelmed might apply.

On GOG, I saw a game called Cooking Simulator that was over 20 dollars and I'm just wondering...why? I guess it could be useful in learning to cook? I don't know?
There are several cooking games on Big Fish Games. The object is to gather ingredients and prepare and serve the dishes as quickly and accurately as possible. At least now I know how wontons are made.

Hey, yeah, that's a thought: if enough landlords get away with setting a precedent by evicting pet-owning victims, I mean, tenants, then they can all band together and institute a pet fee. Say, an extra 50 dollars a month per animal per month, to start with.
Different companies have different ideas about what's fair. In my first and current apartments, the pet fee is $250/cat, payable at the same time as the security deposit. It's non-refundable, so they told me that I don't get a refund because I now only have one cat. It's on my lease that I am allowed 2 cats, and it doesn't matter if Chloe died - I can adopt one more cat and (s)he will already be covered by the pet deposit.

The second apartment I lived in had a greedier scheme. That was an extra $25/cat/month. Live there long enough and you'll end up paying far more than with the lump sum.

Pity the poor tenant who has an ant farm. :sad:
Ants have a hive mind, though, so they would count as one creature. Not that any smart landlord would allow one. In my building we're not allowed to have fish, birds, or dogs (obvious exception would have to be made for legitimate service animals).

My mother accidentally left the tap on in the sink and the kitchen started to flood. Thankfully I caught it before it went very far.

On the upside, the floor is now very clean.

Oh dear, this is too funny ...

You also get to sim washing dishes!

CS1.jpg

Hmmm ... is this a fast food cooking simulator?

CS2.jpg

What happened here???

CS3.jpg

I think you might have burned the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom