Random Thoughts XI: Listen to the Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Sunday is laundry day, the sun is out, and it will be warmer today.

Random thought: I distinctly remember Lemon Merchant having post #1000 last night. What happened?

Random thought: I distinctly remember Lemon Merchant having post #1000 last night. What happened?

Yeah there was another post right before his that got deleted, perhaps the poster deleted their own post?

Yeah there was another post right before his that got deleted, perhaps the poster deleted their own post?
I knew it. It's a conspiracy.

Dunno about deletions, but she missed the 24-hour time limit, so OP/naming rights went to the next person.

I was attempting a hat trick for serial threads, but a couple of you were too fast for me this time.

Dunno about deletions, but she missed the 24-hour time limit, so OP/naming rights went to the next person.
Yeah, but the next person is post #999 and then #998 and so on, not #1001, #1002, etc.
Valka D'Ur said:
I was attempting a hat trick for serial threads, but a couple of you were too fast for me this time.
Don't worry, you'll win again someday.

Yeah, but the next person is post #999 and then #998 and so on, not #1001, #1002, etc.

Don't worry, you'll win again someday.
I don't remember who posted after I did, but I do recall that Lemon Merchant was #1000. The original post #999 must have been deleted for whatever reason, which dropped Lemon Merchant to #999. That put GenMarshall at #1000, and gave him the right to do the next thread (since Lemon Merchant could have posted the new thread while she was #1000, but missed the time limit).

I don't see a problem here (other than the title being misspelled, which is irritating).

other than the title being misspelled
Which it's not, actually. It's a reference to the Wisp units in the Warcraft series of games.

The original post #999 was self-deleted, but just one hour after posting.

Look, our moderators are supposed to lead by example and if you manage to get the 1,000th post in a serial thread then you'd better take the opportunity to annoy everyone with a preposterous title.

and btw all these posts increase my postcount and help me retake this thread

At this point, does it matter? I've had threads taken from me (the time when it was my turn but Aimee went ahead and made the new thread; by that time I didn't think it was worth the aggravation for the moderators to nuke her thread and let me start one over, and another time when for some reason two of my posts got merged and I didn't do it).

I don't see a problem here (other than the title being misspelled, which is irritating).
I wish I can change the title of the thread, but I don't have the ability to :blush:

I wish I can change the title of the thread, but I don't have the ability to :blush:
You should be able to edit the title by clicking on "thread tools". That's how I was able to edit the title of my Raves thread, when I realized the first one wasn't very positive.

Noooo, you changed the title! ‘Wispers’ went so well with your Night Elf gimmick.

I can’t think of one point in my adult life when the refrigerator light helped me with anything.
What did you ask it to help you with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom