[RD] Random Vacation/Travel Pictures and Stories.

@Chukchi Husky Try this.
1. Put an image on your desktop that you want to show here. Put it near an edge that is mostly empty and make sure you can identify it by the icon.
2. Open this thread, but don't use full screen. Make sure that you can see your chosen picture outside of the cfc window.
3. Open a new post and type something about the picture. Hit return at least once.
4. Drag your picture into the reply frame. You should see the picture icon inside the post and the word copy. Release the mouse button.
5 Wait.
6. After a bit (loading time) your pic will appear and you will have the option to show it full size or as a thumbnail. Choose one.
7. Post your reply

IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0817.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

So I can't muster the energy to do what @warpus does.

I've thought about trying to emulate warpus with one of the "Odyssey" trips the wife and I have taken across the US, but yeah that is a lot of work.

Here are some pics from the wife's and my trips over the last few years:

Sunset in Oregon on our 25th anniversary:
Spoiler Pacific sunset :

Oregon sunset.png

Cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde:
Spoiler Cliff Dwellings :

Mesa Verde.png

Firaxicon, September 2014:
Spoiler Firaxicon :

Beyond Earth.png

Great Idaho Potato Museum:
Marylin and I.png

Never drink the potato chocolate milk there - it'll clean you out faster than that stuff they make you drink before a colonoscopy!

D

I've thought about trying to emulate warpus with one of the "Odyssey" trips the wife and I have taken across the US, but yeah that is a lot of work.
Looks like a lot of work, but I am working on a China thread. Don't hold your breadth though.

Hmmm...I didn't realize England had any actual sandy beaches, just the pebbly kind. Good to know.

Nice. But why don't you tell us a little about what we are seeing? :)

The first two are of Saundersfoot, a former port for exporting coal. The fifth picture is Broad Haven South, part of the Stackpole Estate. The sixth is Manorbier castle, the seventh is the beach of Manorbier, the last is Tenby North Beath.

This is the lower entrance to a place called Gulf Hagas in Maine. There is no way in to the lower part except to wade across that river. It was October in Maine. Air wasn't more than 50 or so. Water was a lot colder. The upper entrance you could walk in without crossing a river. But the trail was marked moderate to difficult, and it really was pretty tough. But after a couple hours what made me turn back on the upper trail is that I lost the trail markers several times, so here I was in woods in Maine alone lost. Sort of, I had a GPS, and could backtrack. But I couldn't find the trail to move forward. And there wasn't much of anyone else around.

So tried the lower trail, crossing that river, and fell in. So that was the end of my hiking for the day.

IMG_4249aaa.jpg

At least you were not hiking alone in Maine in the spring. If you get lost then, the flies will eat you down to nothing and you will never be seen again. I lived in central Maine for two years (Outside of Anson) in the middle of nowhere. Gulf Hagas makes our little place look like the suburbs. You are daring to hike there alone. :)

I do vacations in the north in the fall for a reason. Well, more than one. Black flies and mosquitoes are done for the year. But also the colors are better.

IMG_4203aaaa.jpg

I went to spain last year, the cares trail in pico de europa and fuente de are really great!

Attachments

• 20190811_090147.jpg
    20190811_090147.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 74
  • 20190814_134707.jpg
    20190814_134707.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 82
  • 20190814_141003.jpg
    20190814_141003.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 76
  • 20190817_152653.jpg
    20190817_152653.jpg