Ranged Attack animation

ST4LIN

Chieftain
So I added some foot units from the PTW extras, Heavy Machine gunners (HMG) and flamethrower. Both units have Ranged Attack Animation checked off, but in the game, ranged attack animation doesn't work. So when a tank attacks them, the tank will move in close to attack,

Is this a bug? Because I notice only foot units have this problem, all vehicular units with ranged attack animation checked, works as it should. Major difference between my foot units and vehicular units, besides attack/defense strength, is that foot units have only 1 movement rate, whereas vehicular units have at least 2 movement rate.

I also think it's the movement rate, because I created "elite" foot units (foot unit checked off) with movement rate of 2 and ranged attack animation works as normal.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

This issue was driving me nuts for a while. I also thought it was related to the foot unit flag, but that's not it. You're correct that it is the cause of the different movement points. This occurs when a fast unit (movement>1) attacks a unit with 1 movement. Basically, when the fast unit has the chance to retreat, it will show close animations with no regard for the 'ranged attack animation' flag.

Top Bottom