Ranged Attack in Mods

Fanatic Demon

Student in Wizardry
I noticed it is very now easy in vanilla BtS to add ranged attack to units without any additional code.

It basicly works like ranged bombardment except of lowering a city defences, it allows you to damage any enemy units directly.

Adding ranged attack to ranged units would tactically be very interesting because it allows you to soften of the enemy with ranged attacks before you attack him head on.

I was wondering which Mods incorporate this feature, since I can't find any which does

Ya it was mentioned and I'm using it in my India mod.

Just be careful with this ranged bomb method (as it's used in FF). A more complete ranged bombard mod is available that also allows bombarding of tile improvements and other stuff. Here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=237316
Yes, I notised there is a problem with the vanilla ranged attack in BtS. The iRangedMaxDamage variable doesn't seam to have any effect, causing units to borbard eachother unill they die. :mad: Ar there any fixed possible? :confused:

The one I linked to doesn't have that problem.

Great!

am I correct that the Base damage is controlled by iBombardRate * Rand()? I would like to increase the bombardment damage. Does iBombardRate controll anything else in the game or is it an unused variable.
Further, do fortification, terrain modifiers and promotion effect any effect on field bombardment or are they ignored

It appear real easy to combine this mod with any other mods that haven't modify the Dll already. If only I knew how create a Dll myself I would be able to combine it with other great modification, but where to start?

Top Bottom