[NFP] Ranking Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC in one post later last year he said China/Qin was the best diplomatic victory civ. He didn't offer an explanation though when I asked about it.
The thread is not for you if you can't even understand this. Especially given that I've explained it multiple times but you choose to ignore them.

You never replied my post asking about China in that thread, not to say that most of the others in this thread don't seem to understand your logic as well; maybe we are all too stupid for your intelligent thread.

Having fun trolling and humiliating a random person who sincerely asked you a question.

Edit: This is the thread which I directly asked Lily why does he think China is good for Diplo Victory.
If interested, check for yourself if Lily had "explained it multiple times" or just ignored what I asked.

Last edited:
Oh please....

China is fantastic diplo civ
1) Very rich to win competition - great wall - just make sure 1 civ will be "attacked by aggresive enemy" every era, literally call all your allies and not allies to attack chosen victim
2) Easy Mahabodji
3) Easy religion founding - either Stonehenge or 1 more chop per builder to project
4) Very good in advancing in tech tree for seasteds - 50% eurekas
5) Devastating at advancing in civic tree for carbon recapture - inspirations, great wall, wonders giving adjecency to theatres.

But I am sure there is clear military expanation that somehow has not been shown yet

Anyway
Let this soap opera continue :) Lilly, I don't recognize you, it is 4th page running and you haven't heavily humilated anybody yet

But I am sure there is clear military expanation that somehow has not been shown yet

Do you need "strong military expanation" to eliminate others in 200 turns?

If you want to eliminate them in 150 turns, yes you need a strong military Civ.

But 200? 200 turns is a lot. You can even spend the first 170 turns beelining GDR and use GDR to smash down the map, even this will cost you less than 200 turns. Not talking about the better tank or bomber strategy.

How can you not controlling the whole map in 200 turns?

If you're even skeptical about things like "how can I ensure capture in 200 turns", "how can I research future civic in 200 turns?", the thread is not for you.

How can you not controlling the whole map in 200 turns?

It simply sometimes happens to me (and I suppose many other beginners have the same problem), I am sorry :( There are also some rare curcumstances, when I am not able to get Giant robots at t170.

If you're even skeptical about things like "how can I ensure capture in 200 turns", "how can I research future civic in 200 turns?", the thread is not for you.

And which boards and threads are for those having the same problems? You know, I can constantly send Cree into space between t210-230, but cannot go below 250 with most other civs.
What should be my usual finish date regardless of leader, to be allowed to discuss civ rankings on civanatics?

I don't recognize you, it is 4th page running and you haven't heavily humilated anybody yet

I got what I wanted

So the question - seriously - I just want to ask more experienced player, so I can get better (isn't this forum for this?)
Why China and not Kristina or Teddy (and America is strong early military civ to start things going), who should also dominate map with GDRs around t170, but unlike China can ignore diplopenalty from taking capitals, so can win every voting regardless of resolution before the stage of future civics?

Last edited:
It's possible to manage most of them if you just piggyback on the easy one. However, the first WC is incredibly unpredictable because you may not even have favor and if it involves banning luxuries, then RIP.

If someone knows how to get the GPP and luxury votes that would be nice. But then again "I can't believe it's not a domination victory" wins are pretty stupid to discuss in the first place.

Those can be predicted. They will pick the largest (in number) thing they do not have and vote to ban it. This usually targets the player as well, i.e If you are Kupe they will vote to ban writers (because the AI is dumb and only sees the massive writer GPP) and something like amber.

China being good at DV makes perfect sense to me! Qin can rush classical era wonders! All you need to do is build the Mahabodi and Statue of Liberty before 200 BC! There, easy!!

China being good at DV makes perfect sense to me! Qin can rush classical era wonders! All you need to do is build the Mahabodi and Statue of Liberty before 200 BC! There, easy!!

Building wonders relevant to DV is just "a half of DV", which I agree that Qin Shi Huang is very solid. The other half is Diplomatic Favor generation (via City-State suzerainty, alliances, and whatnot), which Qin Shi Huang has no bonuses towards.

You should've just pm'd the few people who this is for then. Of course then you wouldn't get to flaunt how great are at this game, but certainly that shouldn't matter...

So the question - seriously - I just want to ask more experienced player, so I can get better (isn't this forum for this?)
Why China and not Kristina or Teddy (and America is strong early military civ to start things going), who should also dominate map with GDRs around t170, but unlike China can ignore diplopenalty from taking capitals, so can win every voting regardless of resolution before the stage of future civics?

I've answered you.

Yes everyone can dominate the world within T200. No matter whether you have bonus or not. Everyone can do that with or without bonus, and eve if you have bonus you still have to wait until T200 since you have to vote in the modern congress. This "bonus" is useless.

So the key is to ensure Mohabodhi, which only China have huge advantage.

I've answered you.

Yes everyone can dominate the world within T200. No matter whether you have bonus or not. Everyone can do that with or without bonus, and eve if you have bonus you still have to wait until T200 since you have to vote in the modern congress. This "bonus" is useless.

So the key is to ensure Mohabodhi, which only China have huge advantage.

You are 100% save-scumming. Of that, I am certain now.

No,
The key is winning all resolutions on the way, and conquering China is on clear disadvantage vs conquering Teddy Or Kristina unless save-scumming.

I see we go to nowhere.
You have no problems with securing GDS by any civ at turn170 than say you need China to be 100% sure of Mahabodji

At my below godlike level of play securing deity Mahabodji is as simple as securing deity religion - 100% chances, thiis is not great bath. You always get it if you want it. In opposite to researching future civics as Maya before 1st modern era congress

I see we go to nowhere.
You have no problems with securing GDS by any civ at turn170 than say you need China to be 100% sure of Mahabodji

At my below godlike level of play securing deity Mahabodji is as simple as securing deity religion - 100% chances, thiis is not great bath. You always get it if you want it. In opposite to researching future civics as Maya before 1st modern era congress

Mohabodhi is an early wonder, which means you have to sacrifice quite a lot to secure it. And this wonder does nothing until Modern era.

Give that you have to hand-build Potala Palace and Statue of Liberty after that, if you spend too much on securing Mohabodhi , you're at risk.

Anyway the thread is not for you, so no wonder you'll have some "doubts". My rankings is based on my games, and I never finish a standard speed game more than 2 turns after the game enters Modern era. (Only Diplomatic Victories will go into Modern era, and it finishes 1 turn after that.) So that's the fundamental basis of my rankings.

Anyway the thread is not for you, so no wonder you'll have some "doubts". My rankings is based on my games, and I never finish a standard speed game more than 2 turns after the game enters Modern era. (Only Diplomatic Victories will go into Modern era, and it finishes 1 turn after that.) So that's the fundamental basis of my rankings.
Moderator Action: It is not up to you to decide who can participate in a thread on this site. Lose the attitude and stop being so condescending towards your fellow forum members.Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom