1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

.rar and .vxd files?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Civanator, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Civanator

Civanator Deity

What are these kinds of files and is there a prgogram to open them? I downloaded a file and it is in .vxd form. or .rar

2. DiamondzAndGunz

DiamondzAndGunz Lurking

They are compressed files (well, at least a .rar is; not sure about .vxd). Certain compression programs allow you to open them (again, thats for .rar; not sure about .vxd)

3. CornMaster

CornMaster Romulan Commander Retired Moderator

.vxd are windows virtual drivers. And as far as I know you CAN'T open them...

4. Jeratain

Jeratain On the can.

5. Civanator

Civanator Deity

thanks guys. too bad i can't open vxd files. is there a way to view the contents? or are there contents?

6. GenghisK

GenghisK ...

Why on Earth do you want to look inside a driver file? It's exactly like trying to decode a dll file, or a exe file. And maybe it's even worse than reverse engineering. Anyway if you really want to insist, just try opening with Reshacker then... Who knows...

7. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

You can always open it in notepad, but it probably won't make much sense unless there are any strings that you might understand.:)