RAR graphic patch

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
This is the first serious graphic patch for RAR. It is a pack with Tech and govs icons, units and Buildings.

It must be on a RAR1 scenario folder.

This is a Redux version of RAR 1.10

Changement:

UNIT:

- Flavour units had been deleted: only UU are used.
- Many of units are now its exclusive graphics.

CIVILOPEDIA:

- Humanism renamed Enlightment (also civilopedia updated)
- The Academy renamed the Lyceum (also civilopedia updated)

BUILDINGS:

- Many of buildings have now its graphics and splashes.

TECHS:

- Tech advancement have now its graphics.

LEADERHEADS:

- Siam, Mali and Ethiopia have now leaderheads

IMPORTANT! Download them from:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91003
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=95183
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=97514

TITLES:

- Added more governements specific titles.

OTHERS:

- Some resource graphics re-made (like alligator)
- Citizens have now smiles icons

Download (Ace, 34 Mb)
IMPORTANT: Download this, is the corrected biq file! (Ace, 47 Kb)

Preview:

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
The guy in your avatar and "Wrong Forum" animation kind of looks like Charlie Chapman, or Groucho Marx... lol

This is one of those threads that could fit on TWO forums now that I think about it, much like Civarmy's new civilization packs.

Have you ever tried to search my name on the web? I think that you will have a surprise.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Have you ever tried to search my name on the web? I think that you will have a surprise.
I presume you are referring to the Soup with Quackers (i.e., Duck Soup).
To Google R.T.F. also give much ado regarding one of those professions first to be "cleansed" once the revolution arrives.

Rufus T. Firefly said:
This is the first graphic patch for RAR. It is a pack with Tech icons.

In order to use it, add the RAR1 folder on scenario folders on Biq file, before RAR

Preview:
this evening, my friends

Download (zip, 1.4 Mb)

Hmm...I wonder what I have exactly to add... just "RAR1" and a following ";" before RAR? Have done that and it seems to have no effect...although I started a new game to check it...

Pfeffersack said:
Hmm...I wonder what I have exactly to add... just "RAR1" and a following ";" before RAR? Have done that and it seems to have no effect...although I started a new game to check it...

It's right. Question: have you put the RAR1 to scenario folder /conquests/scenarios?

Rufus T. Firefly said:
It's right. Question: have you put the RAR1 to scenario folder /conquests/scenarios?
I noticed that the paths are wrong in the zip file. They are:

RAR1\tech chooser\Icons

while they should be:

RAR1\Art\tech chooser\Icons

When you have unzipped the files, create "art" directory to "RAR1" directory and move "tech chooser" directory to "art" directory, problem solved.

The zip file has also a file called pspbrowse.jbf (320 kb) which is Photoshop's browsing file (my guess) and isn't needed for Civilization. Zip file would be smaller if that file wasn't included. ;)

zappara said:

RAR1\tech chooser\Icons

while they should be:

When you have unzipped the files, create "art" directory to "RAR1" directory and move "tech chooser" directory to "art" directory, problem solved.

The zip file has also a file called pspbrowse.jbf (320 kb) which is Photoshop's browsing file (my guess) and isn't needed for Civilization. Zip file would be smaller if that file wasn't included. ;)

You are right. Only because it was a instant - zip.

zappara said:

RAR1\tech chooser\Icons

while they should be:

Thank you!!! :) Now everything works as intended.

The new tech icons look fine.No oddities, beside Mass Media and Legalized Gambling have the same icon.

Could I unzip all the icons directly into the RaR folder? I hate messing around with scenario search folders.

torrasque

There seems to be a problem with the new version; everytime I try to download I get messages like "file does not exist". :confused:

Top Bottom