Rat 17 - AW for C3C scenarios

ThERat

Deity
Facing the CIV4 burnout, I would like to play another AW game in C3C. While I was actually pondering over playing another game like AG3 (huge map), since our computers are all faster now due to CIV requirements, I felt there might be too little interest for such an epic.Thus, I am proposing to play AW games for one of the scenarios, difficulty level I am think of is semigod

anyone would be interested in this?

:goodjob: Greebley, we would need handy to play...

actually I don't mind a monster map game as well. But I don't know whether we can find another 4-5 players to participate there
The original had an illustre team, the cream de la cream of C3C

ok, so we got 3 people now for AW scenarios games

anybody else interested? which scenario should we choose? I like the Romans actually

D'Atragnan, is this a sign up?

I think WW2 is already a AW game as it is. Fixed alliances, so I prefer another scenario. Japan would be fine, though I am not sure whether demigod would be possible. Maybe emperor difficulty there

Suffering a bit of Civ4 burnout myself, I have just reinstalled Civ3 and decided there was no better way to get my feet wet with it again than by finding a SG. It's about about a year since I played last, but if you want to give an old DG level player I'd love to be back.

Now I just need to get CivAssist to install... stupid .NET framework is installed already!

ok, this sounds all very good...

how about we play the Sengoku scenario, AW, now which level shall we try? demigod or emperor?

I will start once we agree on the difficulty level, probably tomorrow

Roster
ThERat
Empiremaker
Greebley
D'Artagnan
pindicator

lurker's comment: Im not a fan of C3C Scenarios, so I'll lurk this one.

Good luck everyone! :)

I agree with Empire Maker.

Is Senguko the settling of Japan scenario? I am unfamiliar with the scenarios.

Is that the one with the weird invisible units that the AI starts building exclusively (some odd bug I remember being discussed)? Or something like that. It has been a while.

oh yes, it has that invisible Ninja unit, hope it won't be an issue later on. I think we should play this fair and not take the easy way out eliminating the key units only.

will roll a random DG start later today.

save

played 20 turns, chose random Civ and demigod
we turn out to be Mori in the Japanese south, this will make it easier to defend

moved a unit on moutain, spotted the cattle and decided to settle on the spot
went for metal working and better units at max (and rax)
after that went for smithing, but it's very slow
got us another sword and then went for settler that is done in 3

popped a hut for barbs that promoted our sword

the situation

the tech screen

by the way, since this is DG, we should be allowed for initial tech trade

decisions: where to settle next and which tech to go after next

smithing will enable iron to appear
settle either in the north close to furs or south on the jungle? (though not strictly CxxC, it gives us access to nice tiles

Roster
ThERat - just played
Empiremaker - up
Greebley - on deck
D'Artagnan
pindicator

we didn't meet anyone yet, they should be to the east. Do not explore much further for the time being. We know where to settle the next few spots

by the way, from now on I guess we play 10 turns each

Top Bottom