Rat 22 - AWE RaR large pangaea

ThERat

Deity
As we agreed, took Babs on large pangaea 70% land

I played roughly 20 turns.

We have corn for high growth and I went for domestication for horses
We are lucky and have them just next to us. Now research on warfare for our UU. I purposely do not want to delay that as an added handicap. We have a settler done next turn and it can go for the apple (growth) or the horse. I personally favor apple for more food

Roster:
TheRat
Empiremaker
Mizar
plarq
Greebley

save

I think our UU is a lousy 2-2-1 bowman...agree with going for the apple

The start looks reasonable, growth seems to be the biggest handicap in the early phase of RaR so I agree with high-food first.
I'm eager to see how much units they will throw at us on a pangea with all those production bonuses in RaR.

coastal in RaR is really very good due to commerce, shields etc there.

New Roster:
TheRat
Empiremaker
Mizar - up
plarq
Greebley

My thought: There won't be massive action before we get Dynasticism since we are in a corner and scientific. So I guess a Chiefdom GA is not good, we'll face several turns of anarchy in GA. We can build several Tribal (cost nothing) and a bit warriors and bows,but we don't need to go offensive too soon.

I agree that it should be possible to prevent a very early GA. We can beeline for dynasticism after getting warfare and expand. If we hit the GA with the changed government, we could use that opportunity to get further ahead. Remember a RaR GA is 30 turns

15 turns (I wanted 18 to stop at turn 40) but this is a better turn to hand over the game.

Everything looks quiet and good, hit enter.

The Hardy Cultivator finishes and I order up a Tribal for minimal defense
Babylon now size-3, drop lux.
We build Ur on forest tile near the apple, like the spot suggested by Empiremaker.
Warfare comes in and we start the beeline to Dynasticism with Masonry.
We begin connecting the cities.
Masonry is done, set to Pottery.
After 2 Tribals and a Bowman I feel confident to pop the hut NW of Babylon, we get maps and reveal brown AND purple boarders :eek:

Before the last turn I had 2 more cultivators in the queue but now I think the capital has to pump out military
with 2 enemies close by. A good point to hand over the save.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/113243/Rat22_2310BC.SAV

oh, this is going to be interesting :mischief:

I'd say we can expand a little before pumping military, there is still room for some expansion...let's hope we can delay the GA until after dyna

New Roster:
TheRat
Empiremaker
Mizar
plarq - up
Greebley

What can I do? To settle away from the borders, the Hill NE of Babylon, E of Horse?

By the Rivers of Babylon, there we sat down...

It's turn 36, I'm going to make it even to turn 50.

Turn 1: Move the Bowman east

Turn 2: I can't believe that we haven't built Wiseman! Change it to Wiseman.

Turn 3: Wiseman-->Bowman, shave off one turn for Pottery. Bowman NE of Babylon finds nothing except hilly landscape.

Turn 4: Nada..
Turn 5:
Turn 6: Bowman-->Worker Housing, Cultivator-->Cultivator
Turn 8: Iron was found 5 Tiles NE of Babylon. Another Iron is along the Purple border. Scrape Mining-->Ritualism due in 4.

Turn 11: Found Nineveh NE of Horses.

if we have iron nearby, we better get that up and running for better defense and offense...this way maybe we can avoid the GA
By the way, sphinx would be huge on this map...some cats would also be nice

New Roster:
TheRat
Empiremaker
Mizar
plarq
Greebley - up

errr....plarq, are you done as I can't see the save

Top Bottom