Rat43 CCM - Every Knee Shall Bend

Belated Merry XMas to everyone, I am back from holidays.

Who us actually up? I am a it lost here...is it me?
Tag! You're it! :lol:

Spoiler :

Code:
Turnset / Game Date / Post # / Player
24  1730 AD Post #279 ThERat
25  1750 AD Post #295 CommandoBob
26a 1770 AD Post #311 Northern Pike
26b 1772 AD Post #313 Northern Pike
26c 1774 AD Post #315 Northern Pike
26d 1776 AD Post #317 Northern Pike
26e 1780 AD Post #319 Northern Pike
26f 1781 AD Post #321 Northern Pike
26g 1781 AD Post #323 Northern Pike
26h 1783 AD Post #325 Northern Pike
27a 1785 AD Post #335 Greebley
27b 1786 AD Post #337 Greebley
27c 1791 AD Post #350 Greebley
28  1795 AD Post #363 CommandoBob
29a 1798 AD Post #374 Elephantium
29b 1801 AD Post #379 Elephantium

Belated Merry XMas to everyone, I am back from holidays.

Who us actually up? I am a it lost here...is it me?

:xmastree:

Welcome back, ThERat!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to wipe out the Russians in two turns. :assimilate:

Enjoy the warmongering! :trouble:

ok, got it then, will try my best :D

I would grab the rubber on the new continent and get the direct link to the capitol. I don't have the game so I don't know the exact name (rubber plantation)? Anyway as the ThERat has already mentioned, it seems a good way to guarantee a connection with the capitol. I agree with this.

I would grab the rubber on the new continent and get the direct link to the capitol. I don't have the game so I don't know the exact name (rubber plantation)? Anyway as the ThERat has already mentioned, it seems a good way to guarantee a connection with the capitol. I agree with this.
National Rubberplantage, IIRC.

Played my turnset, a lot of slogging through enemy lines.

The most irritating aspect is that we can't kill off those Civs as they got some faraway cities or settlers on boats...

Pre turn

Since there are troops available for Russia, I take Novgorod
Move more troops in position for next turn

IT nth much happens, some boats are sailing around

Turn 1 1812AD
Capture Yekaterinburg after taking out 6 units
realize that I need to plant our own city to attack further south, culture bomb city and now am able to
take Krasnoyasrk, now our hotchkisses can reach and take Tver
from there take last Russian city nearby, Orenburg. However Russia still has 2 cities far away.
Spot Novosibirsk and capture it. Russia left with a tiny Island city quite far away.

Next in line is Babylon, declare war and start to attack
We start with Kish. Manage to take Ur, Lagash and Eridu as well and stop here

overseas capture Persian Zatju after eliminating a ot of units there

IT Inca declare war on Germans and Korea + Babylon sign MPP, that means war for us next
Britain declares war on Babylon, Arabia declares war on Inca, China on Aztecs

Turn 2 1813AD
as we attack Babylon, Korea declares war on us
take Babylon, Ellipi and Uruk with Wall Street, replace Babylon with a city of our own to get some space there
from there take Nineveh and Akkad (Dome of the Rock)

IT we get ironclads, dreadnaughts next in 4 turns

Turn 3 - 1814AD
take Assur (Silk Road) and move troops towards the next 2 Babylonian cities
found a city in between Egypt and Babylon and take Abydos

it's mainly a healing turn

Turn 4 - 1815AD
take Samarra and Nippur, Babylon has only 1 city left that we can attack next turn
declare war on Egypt since this is the last nation on our continent

capture Lisht, Cairo, Hirancopolis, Dashur, Byblos and Alexandria (Neuschwanstein)
this leaves 6 Egyptian cities

IT America suddenly sneak attacks us, this in turn gets Britain to declare war on them
happiness breaks out everywhere taking the IT to last very long....

Turn 5 - 1816AD
capture Kirku and it turns out I mistook something here
Babylon still has 2 cities somewhere unknown to us

continue with Egypt, capture Avaris, El-Armana, Heliopolis and Giza
replace Giza with our own city so we can continue to attack
while capturing Memphis lose a hotchkiss against a settler...goodness me

taking the last Egyptian settlement and they still exist...damn
reload and start to search for the last Egyptian settler

resume sending units overseas as operation homeland is almost complete

IT The Germans have destroyed the Japanese, we certainly don't mind that
good news as we spot a Egyptian settler pair being dropped on shore

Turn 6 - 1817AD
capture Thebes and defeat the settler pair and yet, Egypt is still alive...another reload...
defeat the settler pair only and go hunting for another one

Overseas: Take Dallas and send an armada of units over

IT next research is torpedoes in 4 turns of course

Turn 7 - 1818AD
destroy Russian Murmansk, a city in the tundra they established recently

Overseas: found a city to expand south towards China, I think it's best to attack them next.

Turn 8 - 1819AD
found another city towards China, plenty of their troops around for us to kill...
lucky our units come in now in big strength, defeat 2 big stacks

IT Inca and China sign MPP...well well

Turn 9 - 1820AD
take Los Angeles
virtually fight my way to the first Chinese city and once we attack, Inca declare on us
manage to just take Paoting, there are plenty of slow moving Chinese units around

IT Britain signs peace with Babylon and Russia
Akkad deposes us :(

Turn 10 - 1821AD
take back Akkad

take Denver and Kansas City from USA
defeat 2 big Chinese stacks, we should be ready to go on the offense next turn

There are Korean elephants approaching the former US land. We are at war with quite a few Civs,
I did not bother to sign any peace. I feel we are almost ready for AW at this stage.

Am pretty hard pressed for time this week, hence no screenshots. I still wanted to post the set for the next player.

The main theater of war is currently at the Chinese border and it is a hard slog to eliminate all their strong defenders. Numbers will win here.

Sounds like a pretty exciting turnset! :hammer:

Fortunately, we can keep up rapid unit production in the core to overwhelm our enemies on the other continent. More airfields might help logistics, too.

NP, Today is the day you stated you would be back. So you are up next.

If your trip got extended and we don't hear from you by the weekend, then I will see if I can take it then. There is a chance I may have to swap myself. Our company is trying to release and may want us to work the weekend.

Fine--I'm back and I've got it.

Great progress by the team while I was away. :thumbsup:

I think I would like to try for domination this time. I want to see how feasible it is from a start like this. Will we hit the city limit?

Is this ok? If it doesn't work out we can fall back on conquest.
Sounds fine to me.
Will we hit the city limit?
We haven't yet? :eek:

If we want to go for domination, I guess we will need to either starve the captured cities or raze and replace, else the conquered cities won't get expanded borders and we will not get domination.

If we want to go for domination, I guess we will need to either starve the captured cities or raze and replace, else the conquered cities won't get expanded borders and we will not get domination.
If we change governments again, culture expansion will occur.

Domination as a Fascist government will be harder, as you say, but not impossible.

Of course, we could offset the xenophobic nature of Fascism by just placing our own cities.

Overseas is where most of the Religious Wonders are located, China owning several of them, since they ran over India.
  • Angkor Wat (Nanking, China)
  • Ganges Pilgrimage (Delhi, China)
  • Potala Palace (Beijing, China)
  • Jewish Worldreligion (Jeursalem, Israel)
  • Worldreligion Hinduism (Bombay, China)
  • Worldreligion Buddhism (Shanghai, China)
  • Worldreligion Christianity (Stockholm, Scandanavia)
  • Worldreligion Islam (Mecca, Arabia)
  • Buddhistic Art (Tsingtao, China)
So, once we get some of these, culture growth in newly founded Rat43 cities in the New World will be pretty quick and with no investement in cultural buildings, since the Wonders will do that for us.

Note on Overseas Culture: Looking at the 1821 save from ThERat, some of our overseas cities do not have the culture growth I would expect. Nubian Desertside Town, size 3, founded in 1802, with only our people in the city, has Christian Community, Islamic Community and Barracks (Fascism), all showing 1 culture point per turn in the city screen, for a total of 3. But the culture bar/box in the upper right hand corner of that screen only shows 2. The current build is an Early Tank, with 13 shields invested in it, at the rate of 1 shield per turn, so the barracks wasn't built this turn and thus ignored from the overall culture per turn calculation.

Other cities that are similar are Nubian-River-Mouth, Kats, Farthest River, Carol of the Birds and Overseas Gems. Each have the same three buildings, look like they generate 3 cpt but only show 2 cpt in the box.

The Cultural Advisor screen shows 2 cpt for each of these cities also.

Yes, NP is playing.

I will be gone this weekend to Arisia (SF Convention) so unable to take it. NP, will probably need that time anyway as the game is big now. I then have Monday night-Saturday to play and them am going on business trip from Sunday until Thursday. If I can, I will grab it for those days between. Otherwise I will likely need a swap.

Sure, keeping the game until Sunday would suit me well enough. However, CB and Tusker, if either of you think you could fit in a round between me and Greebley on just Friday - Sunday, let me know, and I'll post in time for you to start late Friday afternoon.

I won't have time to get to it this weekend.

Top Bottom