1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rat43 CCM - Every Knee Shall Bend

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Northern Pike, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Nice progress. :thumbsup:

The AI never garrisons a city massively just because it would be a good idea, so a Korean SoD must have ended its movement in Liverpool by chance.

We should start rushing the transport fleets needed to reach America and (soon enough) Israel, or we may end up just waiting a few turns at the end.

Northern Pike - On Deck
    Greebley
    CommandoBob
    Elephantium
    ThERat - UP

2. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I'm not sure if we actually need transport fleets. We might be able to reach domination by conquering everything on the continent.

3. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

I wouldn't rule that out, but eyeballing such things is tricky. To me, we always need what looks like 90% of the minimap to get credit for 66% of the tiles. Does anyone use a utility that can tell us how many tiles we have and how many we need?

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity

I thought CAII did that under the territory tab? Don't have a save to verify with right now.

5. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I don't know about tiles, but we were at 53% during my turnset. I guess it's kind of a "maybe" about whether the rest of the continent will supply enough tiles...

6. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Mapstat gives you the number of tiles each known civ owns. I think it also gives the number needed to win. If that is true, then you can add up the number that are owned by civs on your land and see if it will be enough.

7. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

It gives the number of tiles needed to win, *if* you've revealed all the tiles on the map.

8. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

I'm sure you're right, but CAII hasn't worked for me for a couple of years, despite helpful advice from you and others. It's something asinine about my version of Microsoft .Net Framework being too new for CAII--eventually I stopped trying.

9. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Yeah it seems like, if you installed CAII in the early days of Win7, it works. If you get Win7 after Net 2.0 was updated, it seems not work.

10. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Are you there, Rat? We've only heard from you once in the last month...though admittedly not a great deal has been happening. :lol:

11. darski

darski Regent in Training

The territory tab does tell you how many tiles you need to win and the General tab will tell you how many tiles ea other Civ has. I use those figures all the time to decide who needs to re-think borders.

You can also install dot.net fix 1.1 even if you have later versions installed.

ETA...the forum is not uploading the zip file... you can get it from a search though.

12. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Very useful--thank you.

13. ThERat

ThERat Deity

been busy playing settlers online (now available in English too) and went koh samui + job hunting.

got it and try to get some turns done...

14. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Oh, tell me more!

You have seen that Kosmos will be releasing Star Trek Catan next month, haven't you?

15. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

I'm about to travel again, so I won't be able to take the game after Rat, or to play before about March 15. At our recent rate of progress, that should leave me with plenty to do ;); but if things pick up, I'd also be glad to get the next game started then.

My position on the domination win is that it would be nice to do, but only if it isn't much additional trouble and the player who ends up responsible feels like making the effort.

16. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Have played 3 turns so far, it's a massive game and after 1 turn, you need to take a break. Have taken more land and we are now at 58% land.

I think we should try to won by domination, would be nice. I will try and play a bit more maybe on Thursday nd then post my progress

17. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

18. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Unless anyone has objections, I would use today to play a few more turns and then hand over tonight in time for Sat evening US time

19. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Sounds good to me.

20. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Pre turn

capture Sardis as we still have a 3/4 hotchkiss.

Culture pop a few fringe cities to gain us plenty of tiles

IT Isreal declares war on us due to a MPP with Russia. Who cares anyway

Turn 1 1831AD
    grab Baltimore and gain a leader
    we take Leeds and Britain is history :)
    continue with Persia, take Antioch, Gordium, Arbela, Bactra
    replace Arbela with Barbela

At Persepolis we meet the mightiest War Elephant ever, him beating 2 tanks hands down
    eventually we take the city though, we advance to Pasergadea, take the tip of Persia with Sidon and Hamadan
    replace Pasargardea to reach last Persian city, take Tyre and Persia is gone :dance:

declare war on Aztecs, we need to expand, currently at 56% land
    take Teayo, Tula, Chuito, Atico and Juli. consolidate our position there

Turn 2 1832AD
    continue the Aztec campaign and end up taking 10 cities
    I also take an Incan city and can see the Germans attacking there full force too
    we're now at 58% landmass

rush national coal mine in Manchester to finally connect all luxes, we should have done this earlier.

Turn 3 - 1833AD
    Atzecs have 3 cities left, take 2 of them

take Sippar and Babylon is out of the game as well
    use marine infrantry and attack Magadan from the sea and Russia is out as well :dance:

ask the Germans to leave our territory and they predictably declare war
    take 2 Incan cities, then plant a city with culture bomb to defend better against Germans

take German Vilcabamba with around 10 blips, net 1200gold,manage to sneak in from the back and capture Leipzig
    this take us into their heartland and we can expect quite a bit of resistance there

IT underwhelming opposition, I think we can simply snatch what we need
    we get radio

Turn 4 - 1834AD
    capture last Aztec city we can see and they are gone too
    take Ollan and Huamanga from inca, they have one city left

take German Vilcas via a mountain pass, take berlin defended by a mere 4 infantry
    from there we take Frankfurt, Koenigsberg, raze Nara, replace it, get to Rostock
    gain access to Buto and Egypt is history too, finally capture Edo and run out of hotchkisses

IT Germany actually manages to re capture Frankfurt

Turn 5 - 1835AD
    get Frankfurt back, of course it had 4 units inside all of a sudden
    continue to pounding,take Munich, Halle, Osaka, Cologne, Mainz, Hannover,Hamburg. Nuremberg

bring troops in position for next attacks, should eliminate Germany from the continent.

62% land now, we could start to attack Vikings and Arabia.

I have continued the operation starvation to get us some culture expansions, but its a very slow process