Rat45 CCM - Gideon's Band

If anybody needs something to do while we wait for the CCM game, LK149 is open right now.

Do you have a link to this game... I can't find it :blush:

0 1850 AD

Just hit Enter.
[IBT]
We go 7 of 11, losing 15 workers along with the units.

Istanbul shuts down, we make everyone clowns.

Jelly Donut: barracks -> motorized settler in 50.
Schnieder75 and Flamethrower are autoproduced in Kadesh - Mil Academy.
Bethel: university -> Early Tank in 2.
M1: aqueduct -> market in 25.
New Haifa: electric power -> motorized settler in 50.
ZorK: library -> market in 9.
Jungle Forever: univesity -> vET in 3.
Overseas: railyard -> motorized settler in 50.

Kremlin is built in Rostov, Russia ().

Propoganda campaign in cranky Istanbul.

We had some units attack us out of Korea at Chonju.

1 1851 AD

Trespassers
France has offered up 28 units for sacrifice in seven different stacks. Only eight of them are fast units.
Five Chinese War Elephants are SSW of New Hebron. Thirty more fast movers, WE and Riders, are across the border. Both have a defense of 2.

Somehow we met some Chinese at sea, a War Galleon ((2)2.2.4) and a Ruler ((1)1.2.4) due south of M8 and west of Joppa and Western Village.
We encourage them to sink and they do.

eInfantry snuffs out the Rider that took and killed our Tank and workers on the IBT (1 of 1, 0 of 1e).
This clears the road to New Hebron from Piggles.

Dreadnought gobbles a French Galleon.

It takes a couple of hours to cycle through the units and get them organized as I prefer overseas, but the end result is worth the effort.

Order of Battle
  • Elites
    • 33 eTanks
    • 09 Cavalry
    • 18 Lancia
    • 02 Infantry
    • 01 Lawyer
    • 01 Heavy Artillery
    • 01 Turkish Partisan
  • Veteran
    • 22 Tanks
    • 39 Lancia
    • 17 Infantry
    • 01 Marine Infantry
  • Others
    • 1 French Partisan
    • 2 Motorized Settler
    • 1 Southeuropean Settler
These are units with full movement left.

Eighteen lightly damaged units are 1S of Frankencense, healing, and available if needed.
Thirty-nine units are healing in Frankencense, which is not a front line city.

We road and rail west from Five Hat Wonder.
John Carter is founded, to give us access to Paris and Lyons.
Well, not quite. Too many cities. Bummer.
Empty out Thunder Bay into nearby steamers, sell of the castle and abandon the city.
Now we build John Carter.

Paris (13) (capital)
Two eLancia retreat before the third takes down the Musket garrison protecting Paris (2 of 4, 0 of 2e).
Seven eTanks overpower seven vMuskets (9 of 11, 0 of 9e).

Good News

We gain 36 gold and control The Colossus and Arc De Triomphe.

There are five Chinese Riders outside Paris. They give battle experince to two vTanks and a vLancia (14 of 16).

Lyons (15)
Arquebusier garrison is routed by eLancia (15 of 17, 0 of 10e).
We lose an eTank to a vMusket, but that loss is quickly soothed (19 of 22, 0 of 14e).

Good News

Lyons is burning. We grab 37 gold before the fires get started.

Down south, at New Hebron, we road and rail next to Chinese stacks.
We take down 19 units without a loss, promoting 11 units to Elite (38 of 41).

Dejah Thoris is built so we can reach out and touch Besancon of France.

Besancon (11)
Garrison is a Late Pike which is just a bump in the road to our eLancia (39 of 42, 0 of 15e).
We lose an eTank and one retreats, but in the end Besancon is torched (42 of 47, 0 of 18e).

Good News

We gain five French workers and some gold. They road that tile.
Clear out five Chinese War Elephants and we have a clear road to the former ruins of Besancon.
Lots of obsolete targets down thisaway.
Sixteen Riders and sixteen War Elephants cost us a vTank and vLancia (74 of 81).
Sixteen assorted units (ACs, Chariot, Hussar, WE, Musket, Arqebusier, Gallic Spear and Longbows) cost us 1 eLancia (90 of 98, 0 of 34e).
Partisan spikes French Bombarde (91 of 99, 0 of 1 enslavement).

Tars Tarkas will let us attack Rouen of France next turn. We could take the city this turn, we have enough eTanks and Lancias, but we don't have another settler to replace it with.

We can expect a lot of Chinese from War Elephants, Ancient Cavalry and Chariots. Except for the Lancia that took out Benanscon's garrison, the other tiles are protected by at least 3 vInfantry each.

Wake up some steamers and sail them towards Canada.

Workers
Lots of busy work for our workers on the mainland as we try to road every tile.

We rail from Jelly Donut to Hillview.

Reset the continental rally point to around the capital, since our continent is now all ours. And because the 'H' hotkey works so well.

Paris has seven resisters; we have 32 units in Paris on R&R to prove we are not barbarians and to make the people happy.

Airlift settlers, workers and slaves in additon to normal military units.

Move the Great Artists in the open so we can see them better. They are 1N of Frankencense, 5 tiles due east of the French border and 3E of our city of Jammer.

[IBT]
The Aztecs offer 17 gpt for Elephants. We refuse.

We lose three units in the IBT, two exposed eLancias and a Partisan (94 of 105, 0 of 35e).

Egyptian Settler in Istanbul.
Banglaore: synagogue -> Tank in 3.
M15: town center -> town clock in 14.
Ivory Supply Shipment in Cairo.
Hippo Regius: market -> motorized settler in 5.
Teal'c: library -> market in 13.
Heavy Artillery in Kadesh Mil-Academy.
Silky Rubber Deer: academy -> motorized settler in 5.
Rogue: library -> market in 9.
Harrumetum: library -> commerical dock in 10.
Free Fall: town clock -> light industry in 8.
Shiloh: bank -> Tank in 5.
Too much desert: aqueduct -> market in 25.

2 1852 AD

Paris welcomes us, or at least hides their resentment of us. After all, we did not raze their city.

Trespassers
Korean AC sits on the rail line from Piggles to New Hebron.
ePartisan removes it (95 of 106, 0 of 36e, 0 of 2 enslavements).

The Spanish Trail to the Aztecs passes by Paris.

We have nine Frenchies we need to exterminate.

China sent one stack to attack Tars Tarkas and another stack is rumbling northwards. China has some Riders slipping through Korea and France to pop out between Five Hat Wonder and Piggles, though they are four tiles away from either city.

Sink a French Galleass so we can land a Steamer in Piggles.

Order of Battle
  • Elites
    • 56 eTanks
    • 05 Cavalry
    • 18 Lancia
    • 02 Infantry
    • 01 Lawyer
    • 02 Heavy Artillery
    • 01 Partisan
    • 02 Turkish Rulers
  • Veteran
    • 18 Tanks
    • 41 Lancia
    • 06 Infantry
    • 01 Schnieder75
  • Others
    • 013 Motorized Settler
    • 032 Slaves
    • 278 Workers
    • 003 Southeuropean Workers
These are units with full movement left and parked around Frankencense.
Names our steamers. Last night was A to AE or AF; today we went from BA to BS.

Rouen (4)
Two Muskets and a Cavalry don't slow us down (98 of 109, 0 of 39e).

Good News

Blast! Captured the city instead of razing it. Well, we abandon it anyway.

Pick off French Musket with an eTank (99 of 110, 0 of 40e).

Kantos Kan gains us the highway to Nimes.

Nimes (12)
Arquebuiser garrison finds new quarters (100 of 111, 0 of 41e).
Three Muskets retreat an eTank once (103 of 115, 0 of 44e).

Good News

Things are done correctly and Nimes is razed. There are no survivors.

French Musket gives us *Early Tank of Zor* and Moshe Dayn, who rushes Light Industry in Frankencense (104 of 116, 1 of 42e).

Woola is placed next to a river and a Wheat tile and not too far from Marseilles.

Marseilles (16) (capital)
Musket garrison on the back side of Marseilles is removed, though the eLancia took some damage and may not survive the IBT (105 of 117, 1 of 43e).
Three Muskets, a Cavalry and something invisble are swatted like flies (110 of 122, 1 of 48e).

Good News

Marseilles is razed. We gain seven slaves.

Sola, also placed on a riverside, clears the path to Rhiems.

Rhiems (16) (capital)
The Musket garrison is on a mountain with Saltpeter, but our eTank only loses 1HP removing it (111 of 123, 1 of 49e).
We lose two eTanks in the first three rounds of combat, winning none of the three. We storm with three straight eTank victories, including *Early Tank of Sola* and Moses (Light Industry in Jammer) (114 of 129, 2 of 52e).

Good News

Rheims is razed; seven more slaves.

Thuvia is placed 3S of Five Hat Wonder, which is 2N of Chartres.
A French Musket lurking in the woods SE of Thuvia is punished for peeping (115 of 130, 2 of 53e).

Chartres (14) (capital)
Musket garrison is overpowered by eTank (116 of 131, 2 of 54e).
Chartres is on the far side a river from us and destroys our first two eTanks that try to cross it. Our tanks are soon able to float and four Muskets die for France (120 of 137, 2 of 58e).

Good News

Chartres is gone; six slaves are all that remain.

Carthoris lets us see the city lights of Grenoble, France.

Grenoble (5) (Capital)
eLancia, Cavalry of Bien Hoa, mows down the Arquebusier garrison on the south side of Grenoble and becomes *Cavalry of Bien Hoa and Grenoble*, giving us Samson (121 of 138, 3 of 59e).
Too bad it is three tiles to our front lines. So, we must capture Grenoble to rescue Samson.
Two eTanks win to get to Samson, knowing they cannot promote (123 of 140).

Good News

Grenoble is razed, but France is not dead.

So we reload to just after the fall of Chartres. Drat.

Okay, we are back to immediately after the fall of Chartres. We have one city we can build. We have 57% of the world's area and 56% of the population. USA is next biggest, at 5% and 6%, and they are on the far south end of this continent. OUr battle count is 116 of 131, 2 of 54e.
We export Silks to Persia and import nothing from anyone.

Besides France, we touch borders with Spain, Korea, Greece and China. We are already at war with China.

While we are peace with Spain and they have many troops inside our borders, we will leave them alone for now.
We do need to clean out the French units.
We wipe 23 Frenchies (13 Muskets, 4 Arquebusiers, 2 Cavalry, 4 Longbow and a Gallic Spear) at the cost of 2 Elite retreats out of 23 Elite attacks (139 of 156, 2 of 75e).

We begin the process of sending China's units to the cleaners.
In all 68 Chinese units are washed away, (31 Riders, 26 War Elephants, 4 Bombardes, 3 Chariots, 2 Ancient Cavalry and 2 Trebuchets) and we promote 22 units to Elite (15 Tank, 7 Lancia) (207 of 224, 2 of 76e).
China has 2 War Elephants visible and a few Bombarde and Trebuchets. However, there are no roads where they are at, so in effect the Bombardes and Trebuchets are just glorified foot soldiers.

Workers
Mostly not allocated.
[IBT]
And the save is attached.

Attachments

• .Rat45_AD_1852_Cut12.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Well, we almost kill France but then we don't after all.

Had only two days of game time; real life got in the way big time. And then once the turns were played I didn't get a chance to post. Internet is wonky at home at the moment.

We only advanced a turn and a half. After the non-fall of France we still had some veterans we could promote to Elite attacking the first wave of Chinese units, the fast-movers, so we did. They are gone, but slower stacks remain.

We also have a city we can build but haven't.

For me the real stumper was trying to decide who to attack next. At the moment we have over 40 unused and unmoved Elite units on hand; 21 Tanks and 22 Lancia. We have 23 vLancia and 2 vTanks, also.

I think that our best next foe is Korea. We have enough Lancias to take out Manp'o and Chonju up north. We would need to rail a forest tile to reach Chonju.

South Choke Point and Manp'o

We have already railed to where the Infantry stand 1W of Tars Tarkas. Lancias could easily reach Manp'o. At Chongu, not pictured, Tanks could be involved, too. Chonju is defended by a Firelance (2.4.1) so I would expect the same at Manp'o.

Both cities will be razed, giving us a total of three cities to place.

France

Building on the Light Blue dot and railing a bit northwards, we could place a second city at either the Green or Yellow Dot to get us closer to the Korean core. This also keeps Grenoble close to us, for an easier kill after we sink their houseboat.

Which leaves us with one more city to place. Which could be used to close off the choke point, except that slows down the Spanish units that want to fight the Aztecs.

Sadly, I couldn't see this plan when I got done on Sunday and now it is too late to work this plan.

And this may not be the best answer anyway.

Random Stuff
France is a one city civ but they have a houseboat, so they live a bit longer.

China's fast movers are mostly dead but large stacks of foot units advance towards New Hebron.

Spain is at war with the Aztecs and has a lot of not-to-obsolete units moving through our lands to find the Aztecs. The fast movers are further south but a stack of Muskets and Musketeers are between Paris and Hillview.

We have boats ready to invade Canada next turn. In New Kadesh are some steamers that can move more units towards Canada, if desired.

Around the capital are the new units of this turn, waiting to be used.

Stacks of slaves are SW of the capital. The stacks of slaves due south of the capital have been moved over roads, so be careful using them. This would be true of the worker stack south of the capital, too.

Overseas, we have a Lancia with a Supply Shipment attached to it. It is 1NE of Jelly Donut.

Our military hasn't changed all that much, so no recap on it.

Turn 331 of 500.

Great war Experience in 3, 756 gpt, 4221 gold.

We won 207 of 224 attacks, gaining 2 MGLs in 76 elite victories and 0 enslavements in 2 attempts.

Fine combat results. :goodjob:

I agree with Korea and Spain as our next two targets. Occupying the northern lobe of the active continent, including the presently unclaimed tundra, and then doing the minimum necessary in the south, should bring us to 66% with the least labour.

Northern Pike
Greebley
CommandoBob - Just Played
THeRat - UP
LKendter - On Deck

Rather a short turnaround for Rat, but he was double-swapped last time.

Can TheRat wrap this up? I won't be upset if I played my last turn already.

LK149 world map can still use one more if anyone is interested.

Can TheRat wrap this up? I won't be upset if I played my last turn already.
I don' think so. Even if he takes out Korea and Spain that won't give us enough land area. We have 57.7%, Korea 2.8% and Spain 2.6%. We need to claim 10% more of the world's land area; Korea and Spain will get us halfway there.

That's a moderate underestimate, since there's also quite a bit of unsettled land in the north that we can claim in the course of conquering Korea and Spain. But basically, yes--only a truly heroic effort by Rat could save LK from another round. ;)

Heroic effort? Well, I shall try my best to make sure mine is the last set of turns. Though my weekend is coming to an end. Well, we have a public holiday next Friday, that might help with this monster game :)

Got it

Played a turn and a half so far. Took ages as the pre-turn almost turned into a real turn taking care of the Chinese.

China is halfway out of the game and we have nicely taken up the land. I realize there is a real need to rush a lot of settlers to keep up with the replacement. The many Great Artists gave us a lot of unclaimed territory, but the landmass is really huge.

A great start, clearly. :goodjob:

Pre-Turn
still a lot more to finish here

start a raid in the south against Chinese Paoting, defeat lots of units and raze the city
found a city there to expand and take out all the Chinese units

takes a while to rid the area after building a garrison

Turn 1 1853AD
our stats are 58/57 now

take out a remaining LB stack from China with multiplying rulers :)
mow down the many firelancers that try to make a stand between us and the Chinese mainland
Anyang is the first casualty, hold on to it to advance faster
need to abandon it to settle another city, which we do in order to progress, the hilly
jungle land is no fun

Tatung is a tougher nut but it is razed nonetheless, raze Kaifeng too
a sidestep and Yangchow is gone too, closer to Bejing we raze Shatung, Chengdu
found cities in between to advance and raze Tsingtao
ultimately the Chinese capital falls, then the new capital Xinjian

with this, we're close to Shanghai, finally a city we can keep

found a city to gain access across the hills, but the attacks will need to wait for next round
I dont bother so much with worker actions, this is plain annoying with no benefit at this stage

IT Germans start Brandenburger Tor

Turn 2 1854AD
stats at the brginning are 59/58
slain Macao and Ningpo and New Beijing (autorazed)
we keep Canton with the Great Wall, China is down to 4 cities
raze Chinan, Tientsin and Nanking, one city left for China
raze Hangchow and China is gone :dance:

new stats are 60/61, another big target is needed
on the way to America whom we are at war with are the Mayans, hence they will be next
I ask them to leave our lands and they declare war, not such a wise move :)

Palenque that is flanked by German troops goes down first
heavy enemy sightings there, found a few replacement cities to fill land too

raze Uxmal, though our tanks perform really poor
there are too many German stacks around, decide to make peace with Germany for now
with the help of Rulers, take out jungle Tulum
Yaxchilan is a tough nut to crack but eventually succumbs to our forces
clear a lot of units around the frontlines, find enough units to raze Coba too

land some troops on the Canadian Island

IT we lose some troops to counterattacks and get Great War experience, research down to 30% now

Turn 3 1855AD
stats now at 61/61
continue to pound Mayans, Kaminaljuyu falls first
Chichen Itza is surprisingly easy taken out with a mere 5 defenders
Tikal, Bonampak, Copan, Cuello, Dzibiltsatun, Uaxtun

Consolidate and remove more foes, the battlefield is a mess not made easier by the fact that
our and the Mayan colors are almost the same

plant a city next to Montreal and manage to raze that city, we might lose our own to counters though
Build an airport and send over troops

IT Through AI :smoke: Canada fails to take our new city there
Germany and Spain think it is very entertaining to run through our land, this is highly annoying
Russia declares war on Babylon

Turn 4 1856AD
stats at 63/62, getting closer

continue to eliminate cities, Piedras Negras is next, then Largatero
throwing in more GA to expand our borders to get closer to domination
then raze Calakmul and Lazapa, the last Mayan city within easy reach. America is right in front
of us and their troops are already a hassle.

Take out American Quirigua
expand more and we are getting closer to the domination limit, but in terms of population, we're only at 63%
raze American Orenburg, then manage to raze Atlanta, Buffalo and Chicago
try and get units from everywhere to get domination
manage to raze New York too, we're still at 66/65
raze St.Louis, not enough, use some tricks to get to Philadelphia with fast units
manage to raze the city and the magic 66/66 shows up :dance:

In order not to risk losing cities etc, I make peace with Canada and USA

I dont bother but simply finish the turn, the rest of action would be simple annoyance

After a very long IT with lots of troop movement, WLTK Day cancelled messages, we get what we were all waiting for

I also attached the save (the moment we got 66/66), in case you want to see that victory yourself

Attachments

• Rat45_AD_END.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Congrats to the Team for a hard fought victory. We will need a new CCM to pose a challenge for us in the late game :D

It was too easy, wasn't it :cool:

Anyway, we all deserve that break and start again late summer.

A brilliant finish. I thought you might put us over the top, but not in four turns. :hatsoff: Thanks for posting the final save.

So yes, congratulations to the whole team, and we'll re-convene in September for CCM II. :banana:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I dont bother so much with worker actions, this is plain annoying with no benefit at this stage
I agree. Even though it feels and sounds like Civ 3 Sacrilege, as if we are breaking one of the Ten Commnadments of Civ. :eek:

Ten Commandments of Civ
  1. You shall have no other games before Civ.
  2. You shall not make a carved image in the likeness of Civ.
  3. You shall not take the name of Sid Meier in vain.
  4. Remember your trade reputation and keep it clean.
  5. Honor your trade agreements.
  6. You shall not build regular units after your first barracks.
  7. You shall not waste worker turns early in the game.
  8. You shall not build Great Wonders/city improvements just because you can.
  9. You shall not expect the AI to always be stupid.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's luxuries or strategic resources; you shall conquer them and make them yours.

Ten Commandments of Civ
  1. You shall have no other games before Civ.
  2. You shall not make a carved image in the likeness of Civ.
  3. You shall not take the name of Sid Meier in vain.
  4. Remember your trade reputation and keep it clean.
  5. Honor your trade agreements.
  6. You shall not build regular units after your first barracks.
  7. You shall not waste worker turns early in the game.
  8. You shall not build Great Wonders/city improvements just because you can.
  9. You shall not expect the AI to always be stupid.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor's luxuries or strategic resources; you shall conquer them and make them yours.

:rotfl:

Superb--have you posted this before? If not, you should post it where more people will see it.

:rotfl:

Superb--have you posted this before? If not, you should post it where more people will see it.
This came to me while trying to flesh out the Civ 3 Sacrilege part of that post; unscripted, unplanned and unexpected.

I have just posted it in the General Forum as The Ten Commandments of Civ.

Top Bottom