Rat45 CCM - Gideon's Band

Since I agree with NP on not starting 2 big games at the same time:

I am thinking it might make more sense to start LK's game now and give ccm2 2 more months to mature.

What do ppl think?
I'm fine with that.

November 1 would make CCM2 an early Christmas present!

:xmascheers:

That make 3 for LK150 - Indonesia redo. Can we get a fourth? If yes, I will get it started this weekend.

Signed up for LK150 -
LKendter
Greebley
Commando Bob? - not if a sign up.

Signed up for LK150 -
LKendter
Greebley
Commando Bob? - not if a sign up.
Yeah, I'll sign up for this one.

Something about the 150 part just appealed to me. :crazyeye:

Just one more and LK150 will start...

Any news on the next version of CCM?

LK150 still has a bit to go, but we are in the wrap up stage as we own most of Eurasia and Africa.
I do have one fresh WM idea - random placements. I've never played the game where Mongolia is in South America, and the Sioux in Europe as possibilities.

Since CCM 2.0 (my designation, not Civinator's) won't be available to us anytime soon we can begin to plan a new CCM 1.0 game.

But, how to make it different?

One idea that came to me is something called Benevolent Domination. The goal is to dominiate the world but not eliminate anyone. We could not stop AI vs. AI elimination, but we would not knowing take someone's last city.

We could give the AI a size 1 tundra town, like Loserville 01 and then declare war and take the rest of their empire and make it ours. That would be allowable. A bit nasty, perhaps, but I can live with that.

Back in October 2008, in SGOTM 14, this was the goal but on a much smaller map and fewer civs.

What would this mean to game play?

If we used the standard .biq, where everyone gets Clans every 20 turns, it would make the first conquests a bit trickier. We would have to decide which city not to take, bypass it and garrison around it while we were at war, and perhaps even after we made peace. The lack of Military Alliances works in our favor, since the AI won't be able to bribe a one city civ back into war with us. England and France, who can still make MAs, would be the only exception to that.

If we used a custom .biq, where the AI could produce cities normally (and we couldn't), we would be freer to raze captured cities in the early game and gift captured cities to the AI. There would be more cities in play.

I think using the standard .biq might be more a challenge, since the city count will be lower until we get to Atomic Theory in the 3rd Age.

Anyway, this is just an idea. If nothing else it can be a starting place for further discussion.

Thanks for the creative idea. :goodjob: As you suggest, this variant would have the advantage that its main impact would come early in the game, when we face real problems, and not later on when we're normally playing out a completely won position. I'd like to ponder this a bit more, since I gather we won't be starting the new game right away.

Hi there,

read that a new CCM version is being released soon. Should we play a SG using that?

I don't see anything starting for a bit, as NP is out of the loop. I was debating my WM with a first of random positions, and got this notice below.

my next travel unavailability will run from February 9 to March 5,

Nice to see you back here, Rat. :cool:

So that we all know what we're talking about, here's Civinator's latest post:

Civinator said:
A very good news: Soon CCM will be presented in an improved version at its new home.

It´s not the new super-version with the modded main-exe (as this version still needs a lot of work), but an enlarged and very good working version of the existing CCM-Scenario biq. I´m running this version since more than 1 year as CCM Betatest 1.8 without any problems. I didn´t upload it, as this version needs a new mainfile. I hope this version makes the supporters of CCM happy as it does me.

For the new superversion of CCM, polishment working will start around Easter in a non-public forum. At present this is only something for hardcore-CCM veterans, as many textfiles until now are not done yet and not all graphics files are controlled if they are completely working.

So, Rat, I assume you were referring to the CCM Betatest 1.8 version? I'd be pleased to play that.

We might wanna start in March then, but if this is not a complete revamp, what do we want to play?

Thank you all for your interest in CCM. :)

Version CCM Betatest 1.8 has the following improvements:

- Slaves also have MV2
- Clans cannot longer be moved before upgraded.
- There is an SW autoproducing armored cruisers and later battlecruisers
(that´s why this version needs a new mainfile); I like these ships a lot.

Edited: Forgot to note:
- Slightly increased amphibious abilities by the AI due to larger transport capacities of the ships
- additional jetplanes that need no resources but are weaker (p.e. Mig-19 against Mig-21).
- Britain and France don´t have the "diplomatic"-ability any longer

- I´m still adding the new interface, the new world-setup graphics and Vuldacon´s
wonderful new combination terrain to the mainfile, add some civilopedia-entries and
rewrite the introduction text and than all must be uploaded to the new forum.

When this is done, the upload links at CFC and other sites will be reopened again and I will announce it at the CCM-thread of CFC, too.

The CCM super-version with the reworked main-exe will be uploaded in a non-public forum as it still needs a lot of work (especially in the text-files) and testing. Players of the CCM-succession games, who are interested will receive an invitation by me to that forum when those files are uploaded there (what could be around eastern).

We might wanna start in March then, but if this is not a complete revamp, what do we want to play?

What´s about: The Peaceful Nation ?

Playing the whole game in "no-barracks"-governments could be a way to play CCM you never did: Despotism => Republic => Democracy

Allowed barracks are only the wonders and small wonders that provide veteran units.

The new home of CCM is CivForum.de, as it will be the home of other mods and scenarios formerly hosted by SOC. So it is a German site, posts in this thread can be done completely in English.

Here is a link to the new home of CCM: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?90564-CCM-Betatest-(epic-mod)
As you can see, I did links from that site to your great succession games. :)

The new CCM-Betatest biq v.1.8 contains the following changes and improvements:

- New Mainfile with increased number of units
- New interface
- New Vuldacon terrain and the option to switch easily to 3 other terrains (Ares, RickFGS and Snoopy)
- New world-setup graphics
- WWI tanks now can only be received by autoproduction
- Movement of early armored cars is reduced to 2.
- Slightly increased amphibious abilities by the AI due to larger transport capacities
- There is a SW autoproducing armored cruisers and later battlecruisers
- There is a SW autoproducing early tanks
- Tankograd SW for Russia now autoproduces KV-1 and JS III heavy tanks
- AMX Factory SW for France now autoproduces Char B1 bis and AMX 50 heavy tanks
- Additional jetplanes that need no resources but are weaker (p.e. Mig-19 against Mig-21)
- Slaves also have MV2
- Clans cannot longer be moved before upgraded.
- Britain and France don´t have the "diplomatic"-ability any longer
- Techs “Colonialism” and “Torpedo” removed
- Some spelling errors and wrong graphics fixed (p.e. A7V and Pz III image))

I hope I will have the download links for the new heavily enlarged and improved CCM mainfile soon , so I can give it to you.

Now the CCM Betatest v.1.8 download links (new Mainfile and CCM Betatestbiq v.1.8) at the CivForum are working!

Great news, Civinator. :thumbsup:

So, shall we begin a game using the Betatest 1.8 biq? I'm interested in the variant using only despotism, republic, and perhaps democracy, as suggested by Civinator above. Obviously this premise would be against our inclinations as warmongers in a lot of ways, but OTOH it might break us out of the pattern of games that are obviously won from an early date, which none of our previous ideas has really done.

Top Bottom