rate my pc i just bought

rrrwww

Chieftain
so i was on a vacation with my gf and woke up and was like "i want a desktop, not a laptop, that would play my civ6 on huuge maps with 15 civs with short turn waits, and i want it today". So i went and bought a desktop at micro center for 750 and a monitor for 250.

pls tell me if these specs are good for civ6 because I've nobody to ask and i know nothing about computers. Attached is the picture of the specs. I also bought a 24' inch monitor with an apparently fast refresh rate, dont know if that matters but I was told it does

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    984.9 KB · Views: 222
CPU is OK (I have a i7) and I would consider adding 8 GB more RAM, especially if you are a gamer in general. All other specs should be good enough to run Civ VI at maximum settings. I have the same video card and end games run smooth as butter.

so i was on a vacation with my gf and woke up and was like "i want a desktop, not a laptop, that would play my civ6 on huuge maps with 15 civs with short turn waits, and i want it today". So i went and bought a desktop at micro center for 750 and a monitor for 250.

pls tell me if these specs are good for civ6 because I've nobody to ask and i know nothing about computers. Attached is the picture of the specs. I also bought a 24' inch monitor with an apparently fast refresh rate, dont know if that matters but I was told it does

Yeah, I sprung on an i7 like the other guy. But it doesn't hardly clock it above 50% on a core, so you should be good. I get good, not great, graphics with a gtx750ti. So your gtx960 should be just fine.

Fast refresh rate more important in 'twitch' games like shooters and sidescrollers....So if you splurge again, look for an IPS display. Got mine on sale at Microcenter long time ago for $200 ($100 off). It's the pretty lights that make the extra refresh time worth it.

Either way, I just can't imagine playing Civ on a desktop.

Also, 8 gb should be enough ram, so no need to hurry out and buy more....If it becomes a problem, you're probably running too many other programs simultaneously with Civ.

Anyhow, just run the 'Benchmark' to see where your hardware stacks up, what the game recommends you start with, then just adjust setting from there till you are happy. (Start move, imo, putting the benchmark in game)

Top Bottom