Rate the June patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by magnus333, Jul 1, 2011.

?

Rate the June patch:

1. 10

21 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. 9

61 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. 8

71 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. 7

42 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. 6

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. 5

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. 4

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  9. 2

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. 1

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. magnus333

magnus333 Warlord

There are a lot of comments on the June patch spread all over the forums in various threads, but there was no poll!!! Internet forums were invented just for polls so...

Rate the patch on a scale of 1-10. Try to keep your rating relevant to the patch only, rather than civ 5 as whole. ie: Generally speaking I think civ 5 isn't that great of a game but this particular patch was very good.

2. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Big improvements, tiny replay

3. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Haven't seen much difference, but what I have has been nice. Gave it a 6, but mainly because I can't see the differences.

4. The_Quasar

The_Quasar King

a big improvement - 9

5. Bezurn

Bezurn Prince

8 - Good general balance pass. Replay and graph are nice, but not as robust as the Civ IV versions. Still no graphs in game without mods.

6. TPQ

TPQ Cogito Ergo Civ

7/10. Lots of nice balance changes and some other goodies, but still lacking a few things.

My top three would be:

1. A working defense for nukes. Fighters that actually intercept and an SDI-eske national wonder.
    2. Graphs and charts during the game, like info addict. They just need to copy info addict.
    3. More logical diplomacy. Resurrecting/Liberating Civs needs to give a positive diplo modifier.

Overall though, it's probably the best patch yet. 275 fixed quite a few issues, but 332 brought some good balancing changes.

Still yet more is needed before the game is finished, but I'm pleased to see the devs keep working at it and are doing a good job.

7. AxelRhodd

AxelRhodd Warlord

hate the free bulding 'never ending sale' bug though...

8. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

I gave it an 8. I guess I would give the overall Civ V a 7.

9. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Are we assuming here that anything less than 5 means the patch has actually made the game worse, or that a lower vote simply means it hasn't had a massive effect?

10. TPQ

TPQ Cogito Ergo Civ

I'd assume the latter, as it must have fixed more than it's broken at least.

11. MoonFlare

MoonFlare Prince

7.Good patch but not an excellent one.

12. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

9. Really good patch, but there's still a few things I wish they would look at already (like liberating civs). Also, a few social policies, even after the balance pass, feel a little awkward/underpowered, although overall social policies are in a much better place.

13. Becephalus

Becephalus King

9 Definitely got me interested in the game again. Enjoying my current game immensely.

14. SirSaab

SirSaab Warlord

I'd have voted a "10" if one simple diplomacy change had been implemented: Permanent Positive modifier for liberating an AI city. With some of the diplo changes made, I don't see how thiat could have been overlooked. It's one of the single most frustrating aspects of interaction with the AI.

15. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Yeah, at the least liberating a civ should give you as much of a diplo bonus as a DOF does, and that should never expire. You should have to work EXTREMELY hard to get a liberated civ off of friendly status.

Overall gave the patch a 9 though. Somewhere between + 1/2 and +1 to difficulty levels overall is a huge bonus imho, especially with deity actually becoming a challenge for good players. No more random civ/standard/standard deity games where you just take your first starting location and know that you've already won is a big bonus in my book!

16. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

Excellent patch. Good tweaks to gameplay. Engine is more efficient/optimized/something. No real negatives.

17. Keejus

Keejus Prince

The only change I dislike is making Order mutually exclusive with Freedom and Autocracy. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but it represents an economic model, whereas the other two are government models.

18. AlpsStranger

AlpsStranger Jump jump on the tiger!

I love the patch but I give it a 1.

If they fix the *major* bug they introduced I'll reconsider.

19. King_Course

King_Course Prince

Contentwise I'd give it a 9. But turntimes have increased on large maps which I find pretty annoying, so I deduct a point.

20. gingerbill

gingerbill Prince

i gave it a 9 , excellent patch . Couldnt stop playing last night , god did i get an earful when i went to bed.