Razed cities no longer spawn partisans ?

It definitely still happened in the October version...I think you need to be sufficiently advanced in Era (Industrial+ maybe?) and the City needs to be large enough.

12/30 hotfix still spawned barbarian partisans for me, though I did notice the spawn rate seems to be lower.

I'm playing 20-12 3rd patch, tho i'm pretty sure almost every razed city used to spawn partisans, did the VP team change that ?

I havent seen partisans in a long time, I forgot that was a thing, but then I only raze a few cities and try to keep claimed land.

what the heck is a "partisan"
I think if you’re playing without Barbs that nowadays also disables partisans. I think HeathCliffWarrior was involved in that. This is because most people disable Barbs for multiplayer to decrease desyncs. Partisans however are barbs technical and therefore lead to desyncs again.

I think if you’re playing without Barbs that nowadays also disables partisans. I think HeathCliffWarrior was involved in that. This is because most people disable Barbs for multiplayer to decrease desyncs. Partisans however are barbs technical and therefore lead to desyncs again.
...this didn’t answer my question at all and I’m still just as confused, are you all talking about barbarian camps? Or rebels?

Actually, I forgot about Barbarian partisans. I'll have to test that.

Nope, i did not disable barbs and it's a single player match.
I just razed two cities for denmark in the info era each had population around 30 reduced to 12 and 8 by nukes before capturing them and no partisans spawned.

Thank you, I thought I was having a stroke
Actually I think I was wrong :lol:
This should be the correct terminology:
"Rebels" is most commonly used when Barbarian units spawn due to very low Happiness.
"Partisans" is most commonly used when Barbarian units spawn as a response to a City being razed (which might currently be broken).
"Barbarians" is most commonly used for Barbarians that spawn from Barbarian Camps or Events / Quests.

Top Bottom