Razing a city with a wonder?

jaideniv

Chieftain
Just curious if you capture and raise a (obviously non-capital) city with a wonder in it, ega city with the Great Lighthouse, once it's razed will the wonder go back to availability? Once the city is gone, will the option to build the great lighthouse reappear in one of your coastal cites? Or will the wonder permanently be gone from that game, never to appear again?

Because I don't think I've ever encountered this before, is the option to raze a city with a wonder in it even available?

No. I've done it quite a few times. When you raze a wonder it is gone forever.

Luckily 90% of AI wonders tends to be in the capital so it's those one offs that annoy you.

I tried it once, I really wanted Petra cause the AI always beat me to it, and one time my neighbor built it in a stupid location with like one desert tile at all, so I razed the city in hopes I could build it for myself. Not the case, I could not built it. So if you raze a city with a wonder in it, that wonder is gone forever.

...could be used strategically, I imagine, if you're in a perilous situation and someone might take a recently-captured city from you that has a useful wonder to them, just burn it down if you don't need it yourself. Very situational though, I imagine it's most easily applicable if you're playing against England or so and want to peter off their naval advantage while you don't intend to have a navy of your own, but eh.

Top Bottom