1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Razing cities

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by radoczy, Oct 30, 2016.

1. radoczy

radoczy Chieftain

I can't raze cities anymore. Did you disable this? Or, if it's on my end, what should I do?

2. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

New feature. To raze a city now you have to select your military units after they capture it and then "Pillage" it. It'll kill one unit of population per pillage.

Can read more about it here.

3. radoczy

radoczy Chieftain

Excellent. Thank you very much for the reply.

4. alstone

alstone Chieftain

on my game yesterday i didnt have that option, i even loading the last saved game looked at the options and tried again and still no option to raze the city, but i did notice the ai was able to raze cities the same turn the took them over, but not sure if you need certain unites to pillage a city or not

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

City has to be in revolt, units must have movement to pillage.

You won't 100% pillage 1 pop each time, sometimes it doesn't lose a population point.

6. jsk119

jsk119 Chieftain

I've been going into worldbuilder and deleting the cities, new meta.

7. aviation

aviation Chieftain

For some reason, I can't pillage some cities when they reach 1 population. That means I can't raze some cities... why?!

8. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

I can confirm this event, I pillaged a Barbarian city, in revolt, down to Pop 1, then it suddenly went out of revolt, and I can't continue to pillage. It still had 3 turns of revolt to go, I had sufficient troops to pillage a size 3 in 1 turn.

I thought it was a once off, or it was me?? so I didn't keep an auto save. I've been able to pillage other cities fine, so thought, meh!!

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

You can only pillage cities when you conquer them AND they are in their revolt period. If the revolt fades and city becomes peaceful again, then you can't raze anymore. That's how it was always supposed to work. If it happened that a city went down from 3 turns of revolt to 0 in one turn, something might be broken and I need a save/autosave, especially before it happens.

10. aviation

aviation Chieftain

Is there a way to remove / mod out this not fun at all "feature" ?

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

No, unless you rewrite the dll. Most people didn't find "fun" to raze a 40-size city in a single turn. You still can now, with a proper army and not just a Warrior which is laughable.

12. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

My new acquisitions never revolt longer than one turn. This is pretty odd because cities I have that I founded have revolt problems but cities I take are annoyingly snapping into line immediately. I'm never able to raze/pillage regardless of my army size. This 'feature' is seriously boring up my games. I either have to keep cities I don't want or not go to war. I get where you're coming from, but sometimes realism needs to be trumped by gameplay. The option of choosing old/new raze rules would be preferable.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Are you able to reduce population size during the revolt turn? If so, try using a larger army and see if you can raze the city.
    If you really get one single revolt turn in a newly conquered city each time, while your cities revolts always last longer, then the problem is there because a newly conquered city should revolt longer. In this case upload a save. No way we are introducing this option but I'm willing to fix it if it's causing this sort of problems.

14. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Why not just make it so that every time you pillage a city to get rid of 1 pop it also adds 1 extra turn of revolt?

15. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

I've been experimenting to see if I can pillage. I just took another city hoping to get a longer revolt time since I just took one. I succeeded and I'm not getting the option at all.

Attached Files:

16. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Here is my save.

Attached Files:

17. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I loaded up your save and was able to pillage Hamburg to destruction. One of the four pillages didn't remove any population, but the rest did.

Civ4ScreenShot0127.JPG

The first thing I would try is turning off No Friendly Pillaging. Open the BUG menu with Ctrl-Alt-O, click the A New Dawn tab (third tab) and uncheck No Friendly Pillaging in the central column. See if that allows you to pillage the city.

18. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

That did it. Option is present now.

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

There's a chance it happens but it's not 100%, as there is a chance to reduce population by pillaging, but it's not 100% either. Anyway it looks like the problem here was the option "No Friendly pillaging" which was active.

20. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

This option sounds way better than insta-razing and/or opening WB to delete a city, so thanks!

But, i kinda give myself a self-made rule that if i raze a city i can "carry off" up to one Wonder to the nearest city, currently i need WB for that... Can Wonders get already rebuilt if destroyed in AND2, or is that the end for that Wonder?