1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Razing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by RedRalph, Aug 8, 2007.

1. RedRalph

RedRalph Chieftain

With the guerillas that appear, its usually a bad idea to do it now I find. They can really slow down the momentum of an attack, sure, they dont do any real serious damage but taking care of them can be a major headache. Just like in real life. Any thoughts?

2. Littlelisa

Littlelisa Chieftain

I raze cities in poor locations, i dont wont to pay and maintain 2 tundra cities i just conquered, so i raze them :)

Though Razing cities should give you a 50 turn -1 relation penalty to friends of the civ '-1 You razed our Friends city' or something like that.

Though i guess it could work both ways, '+1 You razed our hated enemies city'

3. joasoze

joasoze Chieftain

In BTS I have really started to appriciate experience. Having a groupt of elite soldiers mixed with rookies can be very valuable. Therefore I like the exp that barbarians and guerillas give.

4. Kark

Kark Mad berserker

Am I missing something? In BtS, do guerillas appear when you raze a city? I have not experienced that. Maybe in the late game?

5. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

Ya gotta raze. If you are playing on any kind of moderately large map, and you want to win through domination or conquest, you are going to *have* to raze some cities. I don't particularly mind the addition of a few more enemy units to kill, it rarely changes the balance of power enough to matter, and it does make some sense.